There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Sykes is very disorganized, I hate working there.

Current Employee - Floor Manager  in  Greenwood, SC
Current Employee - Floor Manager in Greenwood, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great money for the little amount you have to do. Always offering overtime. Very good first time job.

Cons

Must have loads of patience. Very favoritzed, if you aren't friends with a higher up, good luck trying to move up. Very frustrating job, never have any real help. Team managers don't really care about helping either, just like to sit around and do nothing.

Favoritism needs to be changed. The turn over rate at the facility is extremely high because of management. Also, When multiple people are having issues with the same TM, something needs to chage. They're is no shift changing either, which can be frustrating, especially those working the same shifts for 6 months straight from 4-1 or 12-9. Policies need to be enforced, because they never actually are. Some people can walk in with mini skirts and not have a word said to them, while others (who are not favoritized) get scolded or written up for it. Enough said.

336 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

The most mis-managed company with low pay and poor benefits

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to sit down during your shift, if you are able to find a seat. They do offer benefits. They do provide paid training. Some team managers actually care.

Cons

Management is not trained on employment laws, EEOC, nor ADA. Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management. Reverse race discrimination. High turnover. Always changing teams and managers. I'm on my 13th manager in a little over a year. Their expectations of us are unreasonable and we are not compensated accordingly. Salary freeze. Have to go by a strict schedule. Poor computers with a lot of problems, programs often freeze during a call. Unable to use the restroom when needed. Expected to put up with a caller yelling and cussing at you. Always arrive to work with the fear of being fired. Company has no heart, does not care about you, only your stats. Very unprofessional employees on the floor that callers can hear agents cussing or sounding like a party. Very intimadating way of managing. Very stressful. Scored on everything you do, every minute. Favoritism. They act like they care and want to help, but when it is needed, they do not provide it. Herd employees in and out like cattle. You do not receive 2 days off in a row, unless you work 10hr shifts. Procedures change daily, but are not communicated to employees. Place is a joke, a complete mess, another lawsuit waiting to happen. Oh, you do get a nice shiney pen after working there for 2 yrs...benefits do not cover much and they have a cap on how much they will pay.

Listen to your employees concerns. Compensate us fairly for the hard work we do. Educated managers on how to manage people, employment laws, ADA, etc. Set reasonable goals. Share the wealth. Provide benefits with better coverage. Question why there is a high turnover rate. Take ownership of the many problems and DO SOMETHING!

CSA

Current Employee - CSA  in  Malvern, AR
    Current Employee - CSA in Malvern, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice break room? Um. Nice chairs?

Cons

Unrealistic schedule adherence expectations. Discouraging management. Forced to do sales which is not what I was hired for. Promises made and broken daily. Motivational speeches about advancement where none exists. Unforgiving points system where even an automobile breakdown on the side of the road will lose you points, but then again the points form we are FORCED to sign does state "no exceptions". I am very unhappy. I have met my end of everything but they refuse to meet their end. They're like a morgue...the faster they can get new bodies in, the faster they can get old ones out. The place is a joke.

Stop promoting inexperienced boys to TM's and give the women of the company a chance at more than just the coveted unachievable position of HR.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!