SYKES

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

CSA

Current Employee - CSA in Malvern, AR
Current Employee - CSA in Malvern, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice break room? Um. Nice chairs?

Cons

Unrealistic schedule adherence expectations. Discouraging management. Forced to do sales which is not what I was hired for. Promises made and broken daily. Motivational speeches about advancement where none exists. Unforgiving points system where even an automobile breakdown on the side of the road will lose you points, but then again the points form we are FORCED to sign does state "no exceptions". I am very unhappy. I have met my end of everything but they refuse to meet their end. They're like a morgue...the faster they can get new bodies in, the faster they can get old ones out. The place is a joke.

Stop promoting inexperienced boys to TM's and give the women of the company a chance at more than just the coveted unachievable position of HR.

376 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Nice company!

Former Employee - Trainer
    Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Policies are n place and they strive to continually improve processes

Cons

Too much work for one person. Maybe a pay increase would be enough incentive. :)

Get in, bankroll, get out! Not a real career. No work-life balance.

Former Employee - Call Center in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I worked at SYKES part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting - challenging (highly stressful) Little higher than min wage plus bonus depending on State. Try to label us as PT to avoid full healthcare but want at least 37.5 /wk. OT 40+ hrs come available often at time& half but be aware it may be 80+ if you get paid every 2wks, tricky. Bonuses sometimes get "lost" due to office politics, QA scrutiny or good ole buddy system. Only thing constant is change. Just hit n run like blackjack, it's a crap shoot & they control the wheel. Not a real career because they will most likely be there only until city/state tax breaks are deleted, then they'll woo another town or move to another country. But don't plan on getting a transfer to the Caribbean, you'd have to be at the top of the pyramid. They claim to have flexible schedules but they shake up the schedules, seating every couple of months so no sense of stability or planning if you have transpo, kids, or other life such as leisure, or school time or search for a real career path. IF YOU THINK OF IT AS TEMPORARY YOU WILL DO WELL, SAVE UP FOR INEVITABLE LAYOFFS!

Cons

Sykes has a m.o. method of operandi of doing this dance. Read the last layoff with Sprint at Sykes Spokane at Federal Trade Act Petition that employees won to get re-training & other assistance. Sykes got wise this time & appear to be sending jobs to Florida first then probably later layoff & secretly give those jobs to Costa Rica or other foreign countries. Sykes ALLY BANK client was for offshore banking online, go figure?! The Sprint crew got lucky & when 167 of us got layoff we petitioned (only need 3 employees) or as WorkSorce Rep to start one. Google Sykes history of layoffs.

Get real before it's too late for you. Be kind to your peons, you never know when you may need a referral from them when the axe falls. Think you are climbing the corporate ladder? Think again, do research Google how Sykes does layoffs worldwide.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES