There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

The most mis-managed company with low pay and poor benefits

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to sit down during your shift, if you are able to find a seat. They do offer benefits. They do provide paid training. Some team managers actually care.

Cons

Management is not trained on employment laws, EEOC, nor ADA. Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management. Reverse race discrimination. High turnover. Always changing teams and managers. I'm on my 13th manager in a little over a year. Their expectations of us are unreasonable and we are not compensated accordingly. Salary freeze. Have to go by a strict schedule. Poor computers with a lot of problems, programs often freeze during a call. Unable to use the restroom when needed. Expected to put up with a caller yelling and cussing at you. Always arrive to work with the fear of being fired. Company has no heart, does not care about you, only your stats. Very unprofessional employees on the floor that callers can hear agents cussing or sounding like a party. Very intimadating way of managing. Very stressful. Scored on everything you do, every minute. Favoritism. They act like they care and want to help, but when it is needed, they do not provide it. Herd employees in and out like cattle. You do not receive 2 days off in a row, unless you work 10hr shifts. Procedures change daily, but are not communicated to employees. Place is a joke, a complete mess, another lawsuit waiting to happen. Oh, you do get a nice shiney pen after working there for 2 yrs...benefits do not cover much and they have a cap on how much they will pay.

Listen to your employees concerns. Compensate us fairly for the hard work we do. Educated managers on how to manage people, employment laws, ADA, etc. Set reasonable goals. Share the wealth. Provide benefits with better coverage. Question why there is a high turnover rate. Take ownership of the many problems and DO SOMETHING!

reviews filtered by

CSA

Current Employee - CSA in Malvern, AR
    Current Employee - CSA in Malvern, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice break room? Um. Nice chairs?

Cons

Unrealistic schedule adherence expectations. Discouraging management. Forced to do sales which is not what I was hired for. Promises made and broken daily. Motivational speeches about advancement where none exists. Unforgiving points system where even an automobile breakdown on the side of the road will lose you points, but then again the points form we are FORCED to sign does state "no exceptions". I am very unhappy. I have met my end of everything but they refuse to meet their end. They're like a morgue...the faster they can get new bodies in, the faster they can get old ones out. The place is a joke.

Stop promoting inexperienced boys to TM's and give the women of the company a chance at more than just the coveted unachievable position of HR.

2. Nice company!

Former Employee - Trainer
    Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Policies are n place and they strive to continually improve processes

Cons

Too much work for one person. Maybe a pay increase would be enough incentive. :)

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES