SYKES

www.sykes.com
  www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Not a bad place to work, many of the people make it positive!

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home office. Benefits were not too bad and the people I worked with were a good team.

Cons

Some of the Sr. Management is taking on more than they can handle and do not have time for their teams. They all tend to be extremely stressed out and too busy.

Hire better leaders that are good with people and developing them with a positive approach. Stop wasting money on unnecessary traveling.

374 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

SYKES is doing all the WRONG things

Current Employee - Corporate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SYKES has great potential to be the largest call center BPO out there with premiere clients. They have great international teams and some highly tenured employees. The working environments are nice.

Cons

After the acquisition/merger with Alpine Access SYKES very quickly went from being a family oriented business, to one that thinks of employees last. The newest organization structure has Alpine Access running the show.

Just prior to buying Alpine Access SYKES was a 1.2-1.4B business with 40,000 + employees worldwide. Alpine was purchased for in the ball park of 150M (over-priced), they only service at home agents with an employee base of 1,500-5,000 (in peak times). WHY in the world would Chuck Sykes and the rest of the C level team think it was a good idea to turn the company over to Alpine. Alpine has limited to no experience in the brick and mortar BPO space. They are exclusively work from home! Does SYKES really think that there major clients are all going to agree to use work from home agents exclusively? Bad proposition.

It seems that SYKES is putting all it's eggs in the Alpine Access basket. Alpine's management team is green. SYKES fails to recognize the years of service and call center experience on their own team. Chuck Sykes has turned his back on employees that have helped him amass a nice fortune from a business that started relatively small and sold out to a bunch of renegades that are promising the moon, but to date have delivered NOTHING.

The SYKES and Alpine acquisition has been a running joke. Sykes employees are simply waiting to get laid off so that their jobs can be taken over by Alpine Access employees with less tenure, less experience, and no call center perspective.

Everyone that I know who currently works for SYKES is looking for a job elsewhere.

Stop alienating your loyal employees.

Current Employees Leaving or Looking

Current Employee - Corporate Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sykes is a publically traded BPO provider with a large diversified client base. They have made call centers their bread and butter and have been very successful at delivering good services to a multitude of clients across many verticals.

Cons

Up until 2 years ago SYKES was one of the best places I have ever worked hands down. Since then it has become the worst place to work without a doubt. Employees are so uncertain about the future. Communication gaps are as large as the east is from the west. Senior management hunkers down and makes decisions without input from the daily operators. People are being laid off left and right. One day you will be talking to your manager on the phone and the next day they are gone, but no one bothers to tell you. In addition no one tells you who you report to now, or who will be handling your former managers tasks. In my case, my manager's tasks were given to me with very little guidance or direction.

Alpine Access employees all kept their jobs after the merger. They have no clue how to run a brick and mortar call center business. We are not allowed to speak our minds about anything anymore without fear of termination.

It is so sad to see the company I loved for years treat employees so poorly!

Alpine Access employees are not the only ones who can contribute. Don't forget about us long standing employees who have stood behind you!

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES