SYKES

www.sykes.com
  www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Not a bad place to work, many of the people make it positive!

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home office. Benefits were not too bad and the people I worked with were a good team.

Cons

Some of the Sr. Management is taking on more than they can handle and do not have time for their teams. They all tend to be extremely stressed out and too busy.

Hire better leaders that are good with people and developing them with a positive approach. Stop wasting money on unnecessary traveling.

376 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Current Employees Leaving or Looking

Current Employee - Corporate Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sykes is a publically traded BPO provider with a large diversified client base. They have made call centers their bread and butter and have been very successful at delivering good services to a multitude of clients across many verticals.

Cons

Up until 2 years ago SYKES was one of the best places I have ever worked hands down. Since then it has become the worst place to work without a doubt. Employees are so uncertain about the future. Communication gaps are as large as the east is from the west. Senior management hunkers down and makes decisions without input from the daily operators. People are being laid off left and right. One day you will be talking to your manager on the phone and the next day they are gone, but no one bothers to tell you. In addition no one tells you who you report to now, or who will be handling your former managers tasks. In my case, my manager's tasks were given to me with very little guidance or direction.

Alpine Access employees all kept their jobs after the merger. They have no clue how to run a brick and mortar call center business. We are not allowed to speak our minds about anything anymore without fear of termination.

It is so sad to see the company I loved for years treat employees so poorly!

Alpine Access employees are not the only ones who can contribute. Don't forget about us long standing employees who have stood behind you!

Sykes At Home Wouldn't Know Ethics if the College Text Book Fell on Their Heads

I worked at SYKES part-time

Pros

NONE

**Please note that these remarks are in reference to Sykes At Home only and do not reflect on Sykes brick and mortar operations. Sykes at Home is run separately by Alpine Access which was purchased by Sykes.

Cons

* Poor pay, even poorer moral

* Mid Management only has interest in promoting their friends and girlfriends regardless of qualification or in most cases, lack there of.

* Openings in mid management are never even posted, so don't even kid yourself that you'll get your shot or be evaluated in any way

* If you ask your managers how to improve and how to move up, they will ignore you entirely unless you happen to be one of those girlfriends or pals I mentioned before

* HR tries to fix the issues but is useless as offending Mid Management is never punished and even allowed to blatantly retaliate against any complainers

* When the company wants to look better for investors and clients without doing any of the work to actually improve performance, they will artificially inflate their performance numbers by simply firing all the lower performing agents even if some of those agents are brand new and only low performers due to lack of training and experience. They will also not take into account long term performance so even if you're a great agent but happen to have a bad month or two when they pulled numbers for layoff, you're out. This is something that is done periodically so working as an Agent at Sykes at Home means being in constant fear of termination.

* Lower Management is paid 30% below market so work for any other company in the industry and you'll make quite a bit more. Example: The highest paid Team Leaders here makes 30K but Team Leaders for companies in even some of the lower paying states make at least 45K, some making up to 60K plus bonuses

Fire everyone in Mid to Upper Management at Alpine and start over with the possible exception of HR. It is my understanding that HR has tried to fix these issues, but has not been given enough authority to do so. There is so much palling around going on in Alpine that even if you report issues to the very top, nothing is done. If you don't you will continue to lose your high performing talent as they are overlooked to promote friends and what you'll be left with is a bunch of under qualified people running your company into the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES