SYKES

www.sykes.com

Sykes IT: End-User Support Specialist

End User Support Specialist (Current Employee) Milton-Freewater, OR

ProsExcellent Entry Level position, your tasking scales up as you learn more. The senior IT engineers are brilliant and very helpful and willing to teach if you're motivated.

ConsOperations and IT are constantly at odds. Operations side views IT as someone to blame when things go wrong, or an adversary needing to be overcome or manipulated. Senior IT management is nearly powerless to combat this and will regularly burn highly skilled and motivated engineers and support personal for political infighting and personal squabbles. There's no real upward mobility, outside local site IT, there's severe cronyism and nepotism at the higher levels, and skill is not recognized or rewarded. You're also grossly underpaid for the work you do, and they are not afraid to increase scope of responsibility without promoting to an appropriate position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your IT people what they are worth, and you might actually get quality IT teams, the good ones see the writing on the wall and leave.

Sykes is very disorganized, I hate working there.

Floor Manager (Current Employee) Greenwood, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great money for the little amount you have to do.… Cons: Must have loads of patience. Very favoritzed, if you aren't friends with a higher up, good luck trying to move up. Very… Advice to Senior Management: Favoritism needs to be changed. The turn over rate at the facility is extremely high because of management. Also, When multiple people are having issues… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Okay place, depends on the situation

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Vansant, VA

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great pay, considering you sit and talk all day. Nice… Cons: Strict, sometimes stupid policies and rules. A lot of childish… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!