SYKES

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Analogy: A Rest stop and that's it

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - IT Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at SYKES as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home and work from home

Cons

Bi-polar managers
Pay (Not even competitive)
Little to no guidance

Sell the company

370 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work, many of the people make it positive!

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home office. Benefits were not too bad and the people I worked with were a good team.

Cons

Some of the Sr. Management is taking on more than they can handle and do not have time for their teams. They all tend to be extremely stressed out and too busy.

Hire better leaders that are good with people and developing them with a positive approach. Stop wasting money on unnecessary traveling.

Current Employees Leaving or Looking

Current Employee - Corporate Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sykes is a publically traded BPO provider with a large diversified client base. They have made call centers their bread and butter and have been very successful at delivering good services to a multitude of clients across many verticals.

Cons

Up until 2 years ago SYKES was one of the best places I have ever worked hands down. Since then it has become the worst place to work without a doubt. Employees are so uncertain about the future. Communication gaps are as large as the east is from the west. Senior management hunkers down and makes decisions without input from the daily operators. People are being laid off left and right. One day you will be talking to your manager on the phone and the next day they are gone, but no one bothers to tell you. In addition no one tells you who you report to now, or who will be handling your former managers tasks. In my case, my manager's tasks were given to me with very little guidance or direction.

Alpine Access employees all kept their jobs after the merger. They have no clue how to run a brick and mortar call center business. We are not allowed to speak our minds about anything anymore without fear of termination.

It is so sad to see the company I loved for years treat employees so poorly!

Alpine Access employees are not the only ones who can contribute. Don't forget about us long standing employees who have stood behind you!

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES