There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Pay is better than most places.

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Work with your schedules and time off request.

Cons

Need better management in place.

Advice to Management

Get some real management

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Experience at Syke

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bloomsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bloomsburg, PA

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company really works with you and will advance you if you work hard. worked with good people that were really helpful. No excuse not to succeed here if want to

Cons

None really hated to leave, but unfortunately had to relocate. No public transportation to get back and forth to work

Terrible Leadership, Terrible Decisions, Terrible Communication

Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am so disappointed with this company I am grasping to find any pros. My friends and co-workers make it tolerable and I get a paycheck every couple of weeks.

Cons

I work at our corporate office, but have very strong ties to the field. Everyday I see first hand the disconnection between those that are running the operation and those that are doing the work in the sites. Our executive team, along with senior management is so blind right now. Everyone, and I mean everyone at my level is scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened to Chuck Sykes (CEO), Jenna Nelson (SVP, HR) and the rest of the C-level leadership. We used to have an open forum for communicating and our opinions about the business mattered. Now, we are told, "Do what you are told." The culture is this - If you have an opinion about something, keep it to yourself or you may just be the next to go.

I would have never thought that Sykes would end up in such a mess. After a co-worker turned me onto Glassdoor I sat staring at the reviews and found out that I am not the only one who feels this way.

Anyone considering a job at Sykes should go in knowing the following things:

1. The numbers of negative reviews are worth the read and very much true. I agree with 100% of what has been said about the acquisition to Alpine Access and the changes that are happening because of the acquisition.

2. Sykes says they want change and they will woo you with the change management speel. Do not buy it. If you try to bring about change you will be let go.

3. Sykes is a large company with a lot of politics. If you schmooze the right people you will have a job no matter how much you do or don't do.

4. Sykes leadership team is out of touch with the call center world.

5. Sykes has turned over the reigns to Alpine Access and is letting them run rough shot over all employees.

6. Sykes will expect you to spend your own money on business expenses and then get reimbursed (the typically reimburse within 7 days)

7. Sykes will break their promises to you.

Advice to Management

Read the glassdoor reviews!