There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

SYKES has SOLD OUT to ALPINE ACCESS

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

You get paid on time. The people at the supervisor and manager level are kind and friendly. The corporate office is in Tampa, FL.

Cons

People mean nothing to SYKES. After acquiring Alpine Access SYKES immediately went from being a family, employee friendly environment, to a cut throat, underhanded environment. Long time employees who have supported Chuck Sykes and his vision have been tossed aside.

Alpine Access has taken over. It is only a matter of time before no former SYKES employees exist. SYKES has taken a constructive discharge approach to all of their former SYKES employees, making the environment so difficult to work in that people either quit or just go numb.

This disgusting acquisition has left SYKES employees with no voice, no value, no appreciation! The Alpine team is a young, inexperienced team and they are in way over their heads.

Quite a tragedy. DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! They are looking to automate everything and outsource the rest.

It is too late for advice, the ship is almost all the way under water.

333 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Computers and people overseas are taking all the jobs

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

This is a tough category. The benefits are decent and I have some friends at SYKES, but that is all I can think of from a positive perspective.

Cons

SYKES has decided to take a bunch of jobs and send them to their employees in the Philippines.

Imagine applying for a job in the US, but never speaking to a live person. Yes, this is the NEW Sykes. Sykes has decided that it is better to build a computer system that through a series of questions will pick the best candidates for the job, without a person ever reviewing a resume or speaking to a candidate! It is only a matter of time before Sykes clients, who do business in financial services, healthcare and telecommunications find out and drop Sykes like a hot rock.

If I owned a company that was outsourcing my customer service and I found out that the company I had hired to represent me wasn't even taking the time or energy to interview candidates I would move my business elsewhere. Sykes claims to be an employee centered, or family business. Does firing tenured employees to replace them with unskilled labor off shore sound like the actions of a family, employee centered business? You should know that while Sykes attempts to use computers to pick employees they are also off shoring their recruiting and other functions.

Good people are losing jobs in the US because Sykes continues to see people as unneccesary to the business. Many of the people have stood by the Sykes family/organization through thick and thin. It is truly a kick in the teeth.

Speak up when things don't seem right.

Terrible Leadership, Terrible Decisions, Terrible Communication

Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am so disappointed with this company I am grasping to find any pros. My friends and co-workers make it tolerable and I get a paycheck every couple of weeks.

Cons

I work at our corporate office, but have very strong ties to the field. Everyday I see first hand the disconnection between those that are running the operation and those that are doing the work in the sites. Our executive team, along with senior management is so blind right now. Everyone, and I mean everyone at my level is scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened to Chuck Sykes (CEO), Jenna Nelson (SVP, HR) and the rest of the C-level leadership. We used to have an open forum for communicating and our opinions about the business mattered. Now, we are told, "Do what you are told." The culture is this - If you have an opinion about something, keep it to yourself or you may just be the next to go.

I would have never thought that Sykes would end up in such a mess. After a co-worker turned me onto Glassdoor I sat staring at the reviews and found out that I am not the only one who feels this way.

Anyone considering a job at Sykes should go in knowing the following things:

1. The numbers of negative reviews are worth the read and very much true. I agree with 100% of what has been said about the acquisition to Alpine Access and the changes that are happening because of the acquisition.

2. Sykes says they want change and they will woo you with the change management speel. Do not buy it. If you try to bring about change you will be let go.

3. Sykes is a large company with a lot of politics. If you schmooze the right people you will have a job no matter how much you do or don't do.

4. Sykes leadership team is out of touch with the call center world.

5. Sykes has turned over the reigns to Alpine Access and is letting them run rough shot over all employees.

6. Sykes will expect you to spend your own money on business expenses and then get reimbursed (the typically reimburse within 7 days)

7. Sykes will break their promises to you.

Read the glassdoor reviews!

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!