SYKES

www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

SYKES has SOLD OUT to ALPINE ACCESS

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

You get paid on time. The people at the supervisor and manager level are kind and friendly. The corporate office is in Tampa, FL.

Cons

People mean nothing to SYKES. After acquiring Alpine Access SYKES immediately went from being a family, employee friendly environment, to a cut throat, underhanded environment. Long time employees who have supported Chuck Sykes and his vision have been tossed aside.

Alpine Access has taken over. It is only a matter of time before no former SYKES employees exist. SYKES has taken a constructive discharge approach to all of their former SYKES employees, making the environment so difficult to work in that people either quit or just go numb.

This disgusting acquisition has left SYKES employees with no voice, no value, no appreciation! The Alpine team is a young, inexperienced team and they are in way over their heads.

Quite a tragedy. DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! They are looking to automate everything and outsource the rest.

It is too late for advice, the ship is almost all the way under water.

376 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Computers and people overseas are taking all the jobs

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

This is a tough category. The benefits are decent and I have some friends at SYKES, but that is all I can think of from a positive perspective.

Cons

SYKES has decided to take a bunch of jobs and send them to their employees in the Philippines.

Imagine applying for a job in the US, but never speaking to a live person. Yes, this is the NEW Sykes. Sykes has decided that it is better to build a computer system that through a series of questions will pick the best candidates for the job, without a person ever reviewing a resume or speaking to a candidate! It is only a matter of time before Sykes clients, who do business in financial services, healthcare and telecommunications find out and drop Sykes like a hot rock.

If I owned a company that was outsourcing my customer service and I found out that the company I had hired to represent me wasn't even taking the time or energy to interview candidates I would move my business elsewhere. Sykes claims to be an employee centered, or family business. Does firing tenured employees to replace them with unskilled labor off shore sound like the actions of a family, employee centered business? You should know that while Sykes attempts to use computers to pick employees they are also off shoring their recruiting and other functions.

Good people are losing jobs in the US because Sykes continues to see people as unneccesary to the business. Many of the people have stood by the Sykes family/organization through thick and thin. It is truly a kick in the teeth.

Speak up when things don't seem right.

Corruption, illegal practices, and class action lawsuits are this company's claim to fame.

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

There are no pros for working in this toxic environment, not even mediocre pay.

Cons

Class action lawsuit currently in place accusing Sykes at Home for not paying staff for time worked - Accusations are absolutely true. Set up and tear down time is unpaid and technical issues that are the fault of the company's systems are also often unpaid. Disciplinary action is even taken out against staff with tech issues regardless of weather the tech issue was the fault of the home computer or the company's systems.

HR is Useless - Complaints to HR go addressed and upper management is permitted to do whatever they want whenever they want regardless of legality, including: hiring and firing based on sexual relationships with subordinates, not paying staff for tech time and other hours worked, arbitrary layoffs designed to pad production numbers, retaliation for complaining to HR to the point of wrongful termination etc. The list goes on.

I myself am calling labor review boards, media sources and lawyers to see about starting another class action against these guys. The way they treat people has to be stopped. If companies are allowed to behave the way Sykes at Home does, we're going to have a real problem economically in the years to come.

Find Jesus, or Muhammad or really any form of moral compass or your company will go down in a flood of lawsuits.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES