SYKES

www.sykes.com

Very average and perhaps even sub-par.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Fayetteville, NC
Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fayetteville, NC

Pros

A paycheck and nothing more.

Cons

Badging in and out, meeting time multiple time restraints, and minimum accuracy gaps.

Offer more pay, at least what the average call center is in surrounding areas.

Other reviews for SYKES

SYKES has SOLD OUT to ALPINE ACCESS

Pros

You get paid on time. The people at the supervisor and manager level are kind and friendly. The corporate office is in Tampa, FL.

Cons

People mean nothing to SYKES. After acquiring Alpine Access SYKES immediately went from being a family, employee friendly environment, to a cut throat, underhanded environment. Long time employees who have supported Chuck Sykes and his vision have been tossed aside.

Alpine Access has taken over. It is only a matter of time before no former SYKES employees exist. SYKES has taken a constructive discharge approach to all of their former SYKES employees, making the environment so difficult to work in that people either quit or just go numb.

This disgusting acquisition has left SYKES employees with no voice, no value, no appreciation! The Alpine team is a young, inexperienced team and they are in way over their heads.

Quite a tragedy. DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! They are looking to automate everything and outsource the rest.

It is too late for advice, the ship is almost all the way under water.

Computers and people overseas are taking all the jobs

Pros

This is a tough category. The benefits are decent and I have some friends at SYKES, but that is all I can think of from a positive perspective.

Cons

SYKES has decided to take a bunch of jobs and send them to their employees in the Philippines.

Imagine applying for a job in the US, but never speaking to a live person. Yes, this is the NEW Sykes. Sykes has decided that it is better to build a computer system that through a series of questions will pick the best candidates for the job, without a person ever reviewing a resume or speaking to a candidate! It is only a matter of time before Sykes clients, who do business in financial services, healthcare and telecommunications find out and drop Sykes like a hot rock.

If I owned a company that was outsourcing my customer service and I found out that the company I had hired to represent me wasn't even taking the time or energy to interview candidates I would move my business elsewhere. Sykes claims to be an employee centered, or family business. Does firing tenured employees to replace them with unskilled labor off shore sound like the actions of a family, employee centered business? You should know that while Sykes attempts to use computers to pick employees they are also off shoring their recruiting and other functions.

Good people are losing jobs in the US because Sykes continues to see people as unneccesary to the business. Many of the people have stood by the Sykes family/organization through thick and thin. It is truly a kick in the teeth.

Speak up when things don't seem right.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!