This place is a scam!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  College Station, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I have been working at SYKES as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

None at all. They are a scam

Cons

Let me begin about actually being accepted. This is after you provide so much information. Phone interview, recording a pretend call. Then testing. Over 3 hours and it is difficult. Puzzles, math, psychological, honesty questions. It was as if you were taking an IQ test. Stressful.

Then you are placed into the system where you can look for potential positions. They do not tell you in the beginning that you must have perfect credit. Nor do they tell you that you cannot use a Mac. My computer is new and cost $3000 and I can't use it?? And you must have a landline (which I can understand).

Next you must have 2 headsets that you purchase ($30 each). Here is the kicker: for EVERY position you want to apply for you must pay for your own background check. $45 EACH time you apply!! Of course this is after another 1 hour worth of "surveys" with each position.

With all of the time wasted, and assuming you want to pay them over and over for wasting your time...you might just get a job and it could be a temp position. Aaaaaaall of this for $8-9.00 per hour?!?!

Total scam

Be up front with fees, system needed, credit qualification before making people begin the process!

Other Reviews for SYKES

Underpaid, and jobs keep going overseas

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Bloomsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bloomsburg, PA

I have been working at SYKES part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment and local center management. Learn about different industries depending on the client. Answer phone calls and help people in the comfort of an office instead of somewhere doing hard labor.

Cons

Basis for evaluation regarding raises is antiquated. Not many opportunities to move up. Most centers are in rural areas so no option to live in a fun, urban environment. Create positions and train people only to give those jobs to people overseas. Higher management focuses on profit, not people.

Keep jobs in America.

Working at Sykes

Current Employee - OMD Analyst  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - OMD Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the years I've spent working here. The people are great.

Cons

My job is being sent offshore.

You need a local connection for OMD to be most efficient.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!