There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

it okay

Current Employee - Fashion Representative in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Fashion Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SYKES part-time (less than a year)

Pros

its at home
no commute
friendly coworkers that help you along the way

Cons

the managment is kind of rude but some are nice depends on who you get really.
short breaks and preemployment was the biggest hassle
odd working hours

Advice to Management

be more open to advice about the company and have everyone on the same page. get etter benefits for those that work at home rather than in the call center and have better pay because we do alot for 8-9dollars an hour i think we actually deserve aroug 10.50 at least and good insurance

reviews filtered by
  1. Horrible experience at Sykes

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

The only pro here is that they provide a computer for you to use for your shift and the fact that you can work from home.

Cons

The cons are as follows: The pay sucks, if you get paid at all. I have been scheduled for 63 hours in two weeks and was only paid for 57 of them. Why? Tech issues. If you're having a tech problem, you need to troubleshoot, and troubleshooting is NOT PAID. Information is changing constantly, and the team leads are all new. All of them. None of them know anything when you ask questions, the only answer they give is "I will look into that for you" and never get back to you. 6 weeks of training in a online class room with a week of calls, and then after the 6 weeks is done, you're in another 12 weeks of on the job training where your survey scores determine if you graduate or not. Note, this was not explained during the 6 week initial training. Your calls are constantly listened to and you are micromanaged on everything.

Advice to Management

Please take some time to consider your employees feelings and concerns. You ask us to email you with concerns but you never respond, theres no action taken.

CCP

Current Employee - CCP
    Current Employee - CCP

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the only positive is that you are provided with a work computer so that you dont have to use your own.

Cons

Minimum wage training pay. then low pay for the amount of work you are expected to do. Nickel and dime you for every second you are at work. inadequate training, then thrown to the wolves to help customers when you have virtually no clue as to how to do so. constant tech issues. Just an awful place to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES