There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Sykes, " You say great , I say horrible."

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

You get semi good pay. It's a job. It's a sit down job vs. a physical job.

Cons

Sykes does not care about its workers. When mostly every one else gets holidays off with family Sykes workers are made to clean cubes or take calls. The benefits really do not cover anything. You play musical chairs every three months. There is no stability. This job is that, a job. This is a job that a trained monkey could do if it could talk and type. The raises when you get a raise is like .05, wow big money!!! Management does not do their job. They like to pass the buck. This job is very flexible, you can never plan around your job. You do not get your information in a timely manner. You never really learn anything its the same thing over and over. With dealing with official businesses you do not recieve the "perks" as if you were working straight for the business itself.

Advice to Management

Make your employees "happy" employees. If your workers are happy then your customers are going to be happy. Treat your employees like you want to be treated. Don't pass the buck to other people under you. Step up to the job. Remember that if you lie to your employees then they are going to return the favor.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Sykes, the good, bad, and Ugly.

Current Employee - Team Manager in Minot, ND
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Minot, ND

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, Excellent training, good knowledge sharing, great people, decent pay, and excellent recognition. Not to busy. Fair and balanced management. Good tools. I love working for Sykes. They put me through college and I worked and gained alot of experience. Overall I cannot complain, until I learned that I would be layed off. It was not a bad business decision, more of a necessity, but it still is hard. I developed my best friends and life time contacts at Sykes. I would recommend Sykes as a Stepping stone, not a lifetime career.

Cons

Lower pay compared to competitors, constant changes, violatile market. Unqualified employees. Angry customers.

Advice to Management

Keep the qualified people around. We always let the best people go to better paying Jobs.

2. Sykes is good! But could be Great!

Current Employee - Quality Manager
    Current Employee - Quality Manager

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Opportunity to work at corporate level

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with all levels. Promote TEAM atmosphere.