There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Frustrated by not having enough floor training support for class sizes.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eugene, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eugene, OR

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good teacher for customer service class, opportunities to advance, many types of job choices after completing customer service representative job

Cons

Not enough staff to handle the number of trainees they are attempting to train, training went in some cases from 3pm to midnight. Very long hours.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the rules of the employment picture, changing shift hours, making 11 hour day, expanding work hours, added hard selling to the job as opposed to just mentioning product

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Horrible experience at Sykes

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

The only pro here is that they provide a computer for you to use for your shift and the fact that you can work from home.

Cons

The cons are as follows: The pay sucks, if you get paid at all. I have been scheduled for 63 hours in two weeks and was only paid for 57 of them. Why? Tech issues. If you're having a tech problem, you need to troubleshoot, and troubleshooting is NOT PAID. Information is changing constantly, and the team leads are all new. All of them. None of them know anything when you ask questions, the only answer they give is "I will look into that for you" and never get back to you. 6 weeks of training in a online class room with a week of calls, and then after the 6 weeks is done, you're in another 12 weeks of on the job training where your survey scores determine if you graduate or not. Note, this was not explained during the 6 week initial training. Your calls are constantly listened to and you are micromanaged on everything.

Advice to Management

Please take some time to consider your employees feelings and concerns. You ask us to email you with concerns but you never respond, theres no action taken.

Law Suit Has Begun

Current Employee - Cs Representative
    Current Employee - Cs Representative

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home that's it!

Cons

Low pay, did not pay me for a week, did not pay me for time logged in and did not pay me last check when I quit! High stress, wanted you to do all this work for 9.00 always monitored your calls-micromanaged and I was a top performer, promised to increase my pay within six months never happened, but always threatened to FIRE you!

Advice to Management

Just got my email for the lawsuit and I will be joining. Still have all my emails from HR and management about my pay that was never given to me and when your BOOT disk didn't work, you didn't pay me! Give me my money SYKES!!! Wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.