SYKES

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Employee choice selection

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Central City, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Central City, FL

I have been working at SYKES as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The interview panel was upbeat

Cons

They state there were thousand of canidate to choose from but honestly there were only 47 in our adobe connect interview room - the filter was based on who would pay within 2 hours - that narrowed it down and then other filters which were a joke took it down to 13 and out of the 13 remaining if you were able to read and write and ask a question that was it - I have a degree and major in business and they sent out the FU email - I was to qualified for this company if you want to call it a company - SCAM

Must pay your way to the top

403 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

horrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When they had the RIM contract it was great,

Cons

I worked there 4 years and had not had a raise. they decreased my pay without written notice, When they got the BOA contract it all went to proverbial hell. They will not work with you on any issues. Upper mgmt is incompetent to say the least. You have to have sex with someone to get promoted or change your sexual orientation They write you up for the stupidest things and the pay....everyone that does what we do gets at least 13.00 per hour, Sykes steals your money. They create incentives, when you meet the criteria to get the incentive, they back out with lies. Scheduling is horrendous. It can be worked out where there is weekend coverage but they utterly refuse to give employees a weekend or 2 days in a row off. Some acct managers make you wonder how they got the position in the first place. Huge turnover with riffraff being hired because they ran out of good workers. They ride the line when it comes to illegally keeping to the workforce guidelines and cause people to loose a lot of money and because they pay the the state something, they are not prosecuted or checked on a legal basis..That man is rich, why advocate stealing from the very people who assist him in being rich. Oh, they call that greed.

stop allowing BOA to rule as slave owners, and pay your employees what they should make, then your turnover will decrease.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

? near places to buy lunch. Good supervisors and phone reps.

Cons

Noisy , dirty, clueless upper management . Normal friendly and motivating work atmosphere is non existent. The threat to fire , suspended or discipline is a daily occurrence on the floor as the management walks the call floor looking for violations . Very unprofessional management style . Hr is useless and NOT helpful in any way. This company has a extremely high turn over rate.

Be retrained or replaced .

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES