SYKES

www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Better

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Sykes is very nice in culture, have abundant benefits and a better management.

Cons

On this part, Sykes has a low salary rate compared to others.

518 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Customer Service Jobs

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peterborough, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peterborough, ON (Canada)

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Great people to work with! Supervisors friendly and they do their best to accommodate your needs.

Cons

Like any other job, it gets quite stressful at times, when dealing with customers. In terms of taking vacation days you need to work at least 6 months before getting them. This makes it hard to go home for xmas to see family. Some times your shift changes in less than 24 hours and your not notified.

Generally speaking, you're doing great. Only thing is when it comes to dealing with customer, the realist way to deal with them vs what we are trained gets confusing. When it comes to appreciating and trying to resolve, we were not trained that our soft skills may not work at times. Therefore please reassess your training for wireless providers call centre to assure new trainees that reasoning and warning angry customers is ok and being stern when your soft skills don't work is ok as well. Personally speaking, it was my first call centre experience and it was rough the first couple of months.

High-school playground

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In Cluj-Napoca they don't fire people.

Cons

They work in an comunistic style, spoiling the egos.

Upgrade to democracy.