SYKES

www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Stressful...

I worked at SYKES

Pros

You have some great co-workers and make some awesome friends! Free SiriusXM radio subscription in you car and internet is cool.

Cons

I worked in lakeland 1, in the SiriusXM department... The management was horrible, she had already drove 3 other contracts into the ground, doesn't care about employees or customers, just money. Stressful sales calls, you call the same customers over and over again until they subscribe or DNC, you get written up for not making enough sales (even if most your calls were voicemails or reschedules), forgetting to say recording statement, or other stupid stuff... They tell you in training it's easy to make sales and get commission, but they LIE! You only get the extra cash if you make every sale perfect and without flaw. Not worth it.

Care about your employees and your customers just as much, if not more than you bank accounts, their the ones that make money the money possible.

376 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

They lied to get me to work for them

Former Employee - Pearson Support in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Pearson Support in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My trainer was a nice person.

Cons

Poor pay, back to back calls, dishonesty. When I was hired (two months ago) I was told the job had no end date. This was reiterated throughout the month of training. Out of the blue last week we're told they are letting go of 2/3rds of the people they hired due to call volume slowing down. A little notice so I could at least look for something else would've been nice. They send an email saying 'As you were told during hire, this position is temporary', except we were actually told the opposite of that. Thanks for the waste of time sykes. Also, so far as I know I did nothing wrong. I was never written up or coached, I was told I was doing a good job if I asked. A good portion of the time the customers called up frustrated, me being the 3rd person they'd spoken with that day, and I was able to resolve their issues quickly and get them to smile.

Hire people with ethics and morals to run the company.

Sucks

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

A paycheck every 2 weeks. Good job to hold you over until the next better one comes along

Cons

The pay is not competitive .. Promotions are biased and improperly trained... Somehow they don't pay for all your days and management doesn't seem to know how or why but then takes their precious time to get your money. I didn't get my 6 month raise due to them starting off at wrong hourly rate ..

Get it together properly train people.. Better competitive pay and definite raises.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES