SYPartners

There are newer employer reviews for SYPartners

Good company with momentum

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SYPartners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Between the time I started and now, the company has grown from ~60 employees in one office to ~120 employees in two offices. From my capacity in Ops (IT, finance, admin), the growth has been incredible and offered many opportunities to take part in process innovation and improvement to reduce friction in the workflow between the two offices.

Cons

Given that SYPartners is a consultancy, it's natural for the limelight to be on the consultants. For the rest of us in Ops, we're noticed when mistakes are made - which is less than 5% of the time. Some recognition can go a long way.

16 Other Employee Reviews for SYPartners (View Most Recent)

A truly collaborative exercise in strategy and design.

Former Employee - Strategy Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Strategy Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SYPartners as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

+ Sharp, interesting, talented, enthusiastic, optimistic, realistic, thoughtful, self-aware employees
    + Everyone—not just those on client work—is committed to delivering high quality work
    + No gossip or drama; the firm practices what it preaches
    + Top-notch office spaces and resources
    + Direct access to C-level clients, with whom the firm has a wonderful reputation
    + Inspiring, high-level work; every project feels like it has tons of potential to be monumental

Cons

- There are a lot of type A personalities; the desire for perfection forces a lot of iteration. At times, you feel drained.
    - Getting feedback is tough, from scheduling the meeting to actually coaxing it out of someone
    - The talent development pipeline seems clear at a high level, but intricacies and particular competencies of SYP's workflow can be tough to pick up on if you're not on the "right" project or engagement

Develop an onboarding and training program that focuses on the nitty gritty of what makes SYP's work unique to make sure everyone that gets through the recruitment process has the opportunity to do meaningful work.

Don't stop evaluating what SYP's doing, where it's going, and what its future will look like. I would hate to see the team lose what makes it special.

Fantastic company

I worked at SYPartners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

+ Creative, bright and really passionate people
    + Great client list and fascinating projects
    + Non-hierarchal and a very collaborative culture

Cons

- Not a con really, but this isin't a place for people who need lots of structure or direction
    - Hours can occasionally be long. Depends on the client.

There are newer employer reviews for SYPartners