There are newer employer reviews for Sabre Industries

They swear that they are making changes

Current Employee - Welder/Broom Pusher in Alvarado, TX
Current Employee - Welder/Broom Pusher in Alvarado, TX

I have been working at Sabre Industries full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ok pay (for mig welding)
Shift differential is worth it
Good coworkers most everyone is honest
Not the only job around!

Cons

The supervisors are all back stabbing and will tie you to the whipping post in a heartbeat, was told that we would be in ot for years to come and only lasted my first month and a half went from 70 hours a week to 40 and some weeks even less. There needs to be better safety, 3 guys I have known to be safe hard workers and very productive have been injured by no fault of their own one guy on maintenance has died!

reviews filtered by

Definitely NOT a good place to work

Current Employee - Management in Ellwood City, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Ellwood City, PA

I have been working at Sabre Industries full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot think of any positive things to say about this place.

Cons

Unprofessional people from management on down. Bad work environment as well a being very unsafe. They hire people exclusively through a staffing agency and never hire people permanently even though you might be told differently. Overall this is by far the worst place I had ever worked for in my 15 years being in the steel industry. Large turnover rate and they just beat people into the ground for peanuts in the shop, while forcing people to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week. Huge problems with disconnect in communication between departments. Human resourses and management have no clue what is even going on. Very deceitful in interview.

Don't even know where to begin.

2. Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

I have been working at Sabre Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Career Advancement Opportunities within department. Family environment, Friendly and helpful coworkers. Good pay and benefits. Challenging work and fast paced.

Cons

Upper Management does not communicate effectively with lower level employees. Still a lot of the good ole boy mentality.

More honest communication to lower level employees will improve morale even if the news is bad. People will work with you to overcome any obstacle if you are honest with them.

Sabre Industries Response

Jan 24, 2015VP, HR

Thanks for your posting, including both your positive comments and your constructive feedback. We're committed to become an even better place to work / employer of choice. We'll be using both your ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Sabre Industries