Sabre
www.sabre.com Southlake, TX 5000+ Employees

I've been a QA engineer for almost 2 years at Sabre.

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)
Kraków (Poland)

I have been working at Sabre full-time for more than a year

ProsAt the very top is the benefits package, especially the healthcare. Sabre pays for a VIP package at a private medical center for every employee who must only cover the tax. I've been to a number of specialized medical examinations and I never had to pay a penny.

Sabre is an immensely family-friendly company with events and bonuses for parents and their children. The working hours are very flexible.

The technologies that dominate at Sabre are fairly modern. Most of them are around Java and C++ but I know people who quit after being forced to work e.g. with ancient COBOL.

ConsCareer path for QA engineers is quite limited. After reaching a senior level most of them become development supervisors leaving their QA expertise behind.

I've heard from other teams that working overtime, working during weekends and PTO cancellation is a common practice, which is clearly the result of poor management. Fortunately I haven't experienced anything like that in my previous projects.

There is not enough space on the car park and the office itself (Krakow R&D office). Many employees are forced to share their seats with other folks, possibly seating at different places every day. Not to mention the time wasted for looking for an unoccupied desk and setting up the equipment every morning.

Other than that it is a typical US corporation with fairly bureaucratic procedures and corporate overhead such as countless all-hands meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce corporate bureaucracy to really allow for innovative ideas to emerge.

Senior Business System Analyst

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Kraków (Poland)

I worked at Sabre full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: wide selection of projects, interesting subject matter areas Cons: -external people hired to occupy higher positions instead of promoting company people -when you have conflict with your manager, company will not help you. they will… Advice to Senior Management: -appreciate your employees -make sure work/life balance is healty No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Understaffed, overworked, too much politics

I have been working at Sabre full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Fairly good benefits. Flex work-from-home policy. Interesting and dynamic work Cons: Very political. At the VP level lots of micromanagers who are very political. It's who you know and who you have not pissed… Advice to Senior Management: Realize your people are your asset and start listening to the employee surveys. IF there is a lot… More

There are newer reviews on Sabre.

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sabre reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sabre CEO Tom Klein. All reviews posted anonymously by Sabre employees.