Sabre
www.sabre.com Southlake, TX 5000+ Employees

Not for Technical Minded People

Tech Lead (Current Employee)
Southlake, TX

ProsThey might let you work from home sometimes
Lot's of events if you are in Southlake.

ConsReally not the best place for technically minded people. The business side likes to use lot of buzzwords and have a general overview that developers are a commodity. There is also a lot technical people in charge from when Mainframes ruled the earth.

This results in lots of offshoring and badly designed systems. If you really like working on systems like it still the late 80's then you will love this place.

It actually quite shocking how little people in key positions know. One positive thing is missing release dates are the norm so you really don't have to work very hard.

Sabre actually works like a bunch of very small businesses this results in lots of duplication and products looking like they came from two different companies.

Also sometimes who you report too just simply do not make sense like US developers having offshore developers as managers.

Requirements from marketing are a joke and change on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an outside firm to go in and cut the dead weight and leave nothing sacred. Also remember you get what you pay you best developers are leaving faster then you can hire them.

If you like working in a sweatshop, this is the place for you

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company does some great community and environmental outreach, and… Cons: Sabre acts more like an airline than a software company and wonders why they struggle to recruit and retain talent. They claim to want new… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the airline mentality and learn how to value your employees. Be open to new ideas, and learn how to prioritize workloads. Just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK place to work

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Westlake, TX

I worked at Sabre full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice building, OK benefits, work is interesting Cons: Excessive Overtime, high management turnover Advice to Senior Management: Hire some qualified experienced management who believe in supporting their employees, vs kids off the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sabre.

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sabre reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sabre CEO Tom Klein. All reviews posted anonymously by Sabre employees.