There are newer employer reviews for Sabre

Not a place for TPF advancement

Current Employee - Senior Programmer - TPF  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Senior Programmer - TPF in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Sabre

Pros

Sabre is a good place for people on the move. It can provide opportunities for 5 to 10 years of growth.

Cons

Sabre is not a place for a lifetime career since it as the tendency to keep one in a niche and not provide for lateral movement between skill sets or business units.

Find a way to break out of the habit of locking in employees to specific systems for life. If you really believe that in depth system knowledge is essential for the company then provide compensation for those willing to do the work needed to maintain these systems.

368 Other Employee Reviews for Sabre (View Most Recent)

Senior Management Weakness

Former Employee - Enterprise Project Manager  in  Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Enterprise Project Manager in Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre

Pros

- A good place to work for - The benefits aren't too bad and the people are generally responsive and cooperative.
    - Autonomy and individuality thrives in this position with this team.
    - Flexibility in working schedules, especially when you have urgent issues that require you to take time off.
    - An "at ease" environment - Mostly casual most of the time.
    - Liked the building structure and the Cafeteria - The food was good.

Cons

- Lack of leadership, direction and honesty on behalf of Senior Management
    - One day you are tasked with a role that’s supposed to be one of the highest priority and visibility, only to find out few weeks down the line that it was cancelled – and in some cases without informing you of that so you can direct you synergy to other tasks.
    - Too many duplicated processes, tools, dev apps that end up thinning the companies bottom line.
    - Too much off-shoring and outsourcing
    - Lack of honesty on the management side - I was rated "Outstanding" in every category, were promoted - albeit without a salary increase - just few months after being hired, managed to way outperform what was required of me as per my management recommendations and requirements, were informed that I will never be laid off given my performance and the importance of the job I was doing (and indeed it was a highly crucial position focusing on cutting cost, improving quality and the company's bottom line), however, I was one of the first ones to be cut loose. My job was outsourced to a newly grad developer who was way overworked to start with and has never been exposed to a management or leadership position.

You really need to shake up your Senior Management Team. The competition is fierce out there and playing Loyalty Games will not get you to the Global Leadership Position that you once held. Take care of your good employees - You've got lots of intelligent and very hard working people who are the best in the industry. Don't be blinded by Corporate Greed only to find out that you brought about your own demise taking a back seat watching the competition take over your business, your clients and your Human Capital. Wish you the best of luck…

Sabre is mostly a cool place to work, but in this economic environment some of the fun has been sucked away.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre

Pros

1) Great, great Benefits.
    2) The wellness program is great.
    3) The HQ campus is really cool and nice. The cubes,conference rooms, etc. I really miss my sit/stand desk.
    4) Most of the people I worked with at Sabre were really bright and really cool.
    5) There is a great employee feedback system in place that everyone follows. It allows employees and managers to communicate openly about performance, career goals, etc.

Cons

1) It's in the travel industry which has been sucking as of late. Management got really tight once numbers starting going down.

2) The HQ campus, while cool, is so far from anything. All the "green-ness" they put into the campus is probably negated by the amount of commute that most of the employees have to endure. Southlake is 27 miles and about 35-40 minutes from Dallas proper. I hated my commute.

3) (In the finance dept) There were so many "fire-drills" caused by the executive management freaking out about what seemed to be very minor things. I felt like a lot of our ad hoc work was just kinda pointless

4) (finance dept) Really, really long hours during budget season. 18 hour days not out of the question.

Loosen the wallet a bit to allow the team to have the happy hours/parties that used to go on. It will dramatically boost morale. Stop freaking out about every single number you see.

There are newer employer reviews for Sabre

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!