There are newer employer reviews for Sabre

Exciting work, Fun-filled offices, satisfying professional life.

Current Employee - Operation Research Analyst in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Operation Research Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Sabre

Pros

Great team bonding. Lots of travel opportunities and good growth within the company. Really relevant work to the industry. Sense o satisfaction at the end of the day.

Cons

Inter-department communication (with HR, finance, etc.) is excruciatingly slow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

reviews filtered by
  1. stable place to work

I have been working at Sabre

Pros

Easy to manage your own time.
    Has infrastructure in place to be able to work anywhere, not just in the office.

Cons

There is never any money in the budget to give normal salary increases, or even normal increases for inflation. This has actually resulted that I am earning 8 % less now than I did when I joined 5 years ago. This does not seem right.

Advice to Management

With all the "good news" we keep hearing onm how well the buisness has done over the past year, the growth that my business organsiation has gone through over the past few years, it is a slap in the face to keep hearing here is no money to give a salary increase or to adjust salaries for normal inflation we have been having over the years. It starts to feel very much like any other big corporate business that ulltimately only looks at lining the pockets of the shareholders and senior maangement, over the backs of the lower level employees who more and more become the serfs of this modern fiefdom. Yes we earn enough to survive, but are we really being compensated fairly?

Awful is the least that can be said

I worked at Sabre

Pros

- Flexi work environment, most people can work from home
    - If you like to travel a lot, this can be a good place, also if you might be prepare to last minute changes most of the time

Cons

- From such a big company you would expect some excessive bureaucracy that slow down processes, but here we are talking of no-sense endless time-consuming task for getting anything done
    - Missing of sense of strategy and communication overall - there are a lot of business units and acquired companies that still work in silos not having a clue of where they are going
    - Salary compensation is on the low-end side, especially considering the amount of stress and workload you need to manage
    - They keep over-promising to client during sales, just to constantly under-delivering and disappointing them during execution, this make the client-facing roles pretty hard.
    - No career progression: you see people that stay years and find their little corner just hoping to get to retirement age without being to much bother - if you care about your career just leave soon or even better not even start here.
    - No clear role definition: you end up being CCed in every second urgent email with other 30 people, none of which has responsibility or ownership to fix it, so every little thing take ages to find a solution.
    - You are not expected to work long hour if you "really" don't want too, but be ready to get that important mail you had been expecting for weeks at last minute at 2 AM on a Sunday from the other part of the world, and yes you are expected to have red it.
    - US centric - no matter how much the other regions will grow, the decision making is always on US, making extremely hard to get local support and visibility

Advice to Management

- Re-thing the business from top-down, set up some clear standard and processes, communicate them effectively and stick to them
    - Implement some good method to receive feedback from employee from all level