glen cove store

Former Employee - Interior Designer in Glen Cove, NY
Former Employee - Interior Designer in Glen Cove, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Safavieh is family business, hence family like atmosphere employer.

Cons

If you like your employer to yell at you like he is your brother or act in such familiar way with back and forth yelling, then you'll like this place. I was terminated on the spot without warning because I could not work on my day off; they also withheld a whole month of wages. Everybody points to other people and nobody wants to deal with it. There is no human resources and there is no justice for the employee, all there is is intimidation and fear base "top down" company.

Advice to Management

hire a human resources or have management know about management, employment laws, do and don't in a company.

Other Employee Reviews for Safavieh LLC

1. Competitive pay, laid back environment and understanding management. I love my job so far!

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Port Washington, NY

Pros

I was granted a $4 dollar raise after 6 months. The benefits could be a little better, but the laid-back, friendly environment and kind management makes working here great. I've noticed the people who work here get along very well and are very hard working despite the casual setting.

Cons

Benefits weren't as competitive as my previous job

Advice to Management

Great, very nice people!

2. Overall a great company to work for, depending on what you make of it

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Safavieh for a little over 3 years as a Sales Admin. The company is family owned which makes it unique in many ways, especially for a company its size. The owners of the business are very hands on and engage with employees on a regular basis, as opposed to vacationing in the Bahamas or being locked up in a big executive office. The atmosphere is very laid back with no enforced dress code. Despite this, employees still take their job seriously and maintain a high level of professionalism. The company is definitely growing and has made strides in improving quality of life for its employees (improving benefits every year, did a major renovation to the office, added a huge kitchen/break room, etc..). The building itself is situated in a really nice office park, great for taking walks, also picnic benches outside to eat lunch on. Every employee has the chance to excel within the company, but it all really depends on what you put into it.

Cons

As other reviewers have mentioned, things get very hectic during the 4th quarter. This is the busy season for the company and it can get a bit stressful at times (depending on which department you work in). The benefits are fair (not terrible, but could be better).

Advice to Management

Continue to improve your benefit package, otherwise I’d say you’re headed in the right direction.