glen cove store

Former Employee - Interior Designer  in  Glen Cove, NY
Former Employee - Interior Designer in Glen Cove, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Safavieh is family business, hence family like atmosphere employer.

Cons

If you like your employer to yell at you like he is your brother or act in such familiar way with back and forth yelling, then you'll like this place. I was terminated on the spot without warning because I could not work on my day off; they also withheld a whole month of wages. Everybody points to other people and nobody wants to deal with it. There is no human resources and there is no justice for the employee, all there is is intimidation and fear base "top down" company.

hire a human resources or have management know about management, employment laws, do and don't in a company.

Other Reviews for Safavieh LLC

Competitive pay, laid back environment and understanding management. I love my job so far!

Current Employee - Accounts Payable  in  Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Safavieh LLC

Pros

I was granted a $4 dollar raise after 6 months. The benefits could be a little better, but the laid-back, friendly environment and kind management makes working here great. I've noticed the people who work here get along very well and are very hard working despite the casual setting.

Cons

Benefits weren't as competitive as my previous job

Great, very nice people!

A Fair/Well-Balanced Overview of Safavieh International LLC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Safavieh LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Safavieh is a company with a relaxed atmosphere that provides freedom to new employee's to blossom and work independently without much delegation of duties. It is a family oriented company that understands teamwork. Management does actively listen to employees that stress their concerns and does its best to provide the right amount of understanding. The good thing about Safavieh is that one can advance with the right amount of idea's, contributions and understanding.

The company is actively improving as it now provides dental, and vision coverage. Additionally, Safavieh is located within a good part of Long Island with immediate access to parking. Office culture at Safavieh is varied with many personalities who are quite vocale and display different "character" traits as some are quiet and other's are outspoken. The company primarily hires those for accounting, office administration, customer service, and logistical operations. Also, please don't listen to some of these other review's as they are full of bias and a little bit unfair.

Cons

The company is undergoing active construction right now so the building is a bit unorganized. Additionally, employee's drive quite fast in the parking lot. A 401k with the standard 5% match could be offered, maybe an annual bonus/flex days. Additionally more vacation time would be fantastic.

Some of the company departments should be revamped/reorganized with appointed department heads that serve as managers and report to the owner's more directly. Also, the current lunch time schedule should be removed. Last, as a result of Safavieh being a family owned business their often exists division in the decision making process. The company should also properly define job titles/roles with an improved perspective and prompt employee's more often by providing an "annual" review that encompasses a raise.

There are newer employer reviews for Safavieh LLC.

Worked for Safavieh LLC? Contribute to the Community!