Focus on Career Advancement and

I have been working at Safe Horizon

Pros

Good start if you are interested in a career in victim assistance / social services in general

Cons

Treatment by middle management i.e. some of the AVPs and Directors to with respect to the day to day staff that do the work. There is no appreciation for the work they do. Foster more of a closed door policy in which employees are not comfortable approaching them on issues effecting their daily workflow.

The individual contributors of the organization is the most important asset in the organization. They are the ones who carry out the mission of Safe Horizon. Need to focus on being more transparent and follow suit of our CEO.

Other Reviews for Safe Horizon

Inspiring work, low wages

Current Employee - Social Worker  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Social Worker in New York, NY

I have been working at Safe Horizon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great supervision, a great place to learn after graduating for undergraduate or graduate work, inspiring work.

Cons

low wages
    less loyalty and promotion from within in the past few years

Consider inside talent and loyalty to staff that has remained with the company for many years.

Terrible Experience

Current Employee - Residential Specialist  in  Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Residential Specialist in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Safe Horizon full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you truly passionate about helping people, the feeling of knowing that you are helping victims of abuse makes the experience worth it. I love the company's mission. Employees are eligible for benefits.

Cons

Very stressful... long hours... pay isn't great... Management doesn't value their employees. I ended up resigning because management was not professional and very dishonest. We were told overtime, bonuses or raises was not in the budget.

There are newer employer reviews for Safe Horizon.

Worked for Safe Horizon? Contribute to the Community!