Safe Horizon
www.safehorizon.org New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Focus on Career Advancement and

ProsGood start if you are interested in a career in victim assistance / social services in general

ConsTreatment by middle management i.e. some of the AVPs and Directors to with respect to the day to day staff that do the work. There is no appreciation for the work they do. Foster more of a closed door policy in which employees are not comfortable approaching them on issues effecting their daily workflow.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe individual contributors of the organization is the most important asset in the organization. They are the ones who carry out the mission of Safe Horizon. Need to focus on being more transparent and follow suit of our CEO.

Inspiring work, low wages

Social Worker (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Safe Horizon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great supervision, a great place to learn after graduating for… Cons: low wages less loyalty and promotion from within in the past… Advice to Senior Management: Consider inside talent and loyalty to staff that has remained… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible Experience

Residential Specialist (Current Employee)
    Bronx, NY

I have been working at Safe Horizon full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you truly passionate about helping people, the feeling of knowing that you are helping victims… Cons: Very stressful... long hours... pay isn't great... Management doesn't value their employees. I ended up resigning because management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Safe Horizon.

Worked for Safe Horizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Safe Horizon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Safe Horizon CEO Ariel Zwang. All reviews posted anonymously by Safe Horizon employees.