Okay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belcamp, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belcamp, MD

I have been working at SafeNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, constant change. lots of upward mobility. fair pay with profit sharing. Good employee culture. interns get a lot of chances to excel

Cons

High pressure to complete projects. Office in middle of nowhere. owned by vector capital and in danger of being sold off at any point

Other Employee Reviews for SafeNet

1. Poor mid-level management, need stronger subject matter experts

Pros

Overall great people to work with Tremendous benefits Majority of employees are competent and easy to work with

Cons

Poor work life balance Too many reorgs in last 6 months Limited resources to successfully execute against plan

Advice to Management

Closer evaluation/assessment needed at the mid-level management level. Upper management changes appear optimistic, but far more changes are needed on several levels. There are managers in key mid-level management positions who do not clearly understand the job scope of their direct reports and need stronger a skill set in order to benefit the organization in the short and long term.

Fourth Floor Management Insanity Abounds

Former Employee - Senior Security Engineer in Belcamp, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Security Engineer in Belcamp, MD

I worked at SafeNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The (Belcamp) IT group is a great group of people. I will do what ever I can to convince/help them to leave!!!

Cons

They have horrible security practices. Source code is scattered everywhere, they do not care. There are hundreds of thousands of vulnerabilities and management refuses to accept the fact that the company is at grave right of losing all intellectual property, because of this. But, since my boss stated that protecting intellectual property is not a priority, so I guess I'm the crazy one. What?

Advice to Management

Dave - Fire them all, and get some qualified people in their place. AND STOP RUNNING YOUR IT PEOPLE INTO THE GROUND......it is why they are leaving en masse (other than you firing more than 100 of them). And start running that company like SECURITY MATTERS.