Safeco
www.safeco.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Pretty good place to start your career

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

ProsExtensive training. Good pay, great benefits. Atmosphere is professional but the management is trying to bring a little fun into the organization. More employee/manager interaction than in previous companies.

ConsUnrealistic goal setting and goals that conflict with each other. An overreliance that adjuster's personality can overcome inherent challenges of the position. Consistently understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider setting more realistic goals and not trying to come up with every possible metric to rate adjusters. Find goals that fit together instead of fight with each other.

Not bad but training could be better

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)
    Duluth, GA

I worked at Safeco full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company has good benefits and caring managers. The pay… Cons: The training did not focus on the skills and information necessary for position but instead on a very broad… Advice to Senior Management: revamp training with a stronger focus on day-to-day operations and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, hard to move up the corporate ladder though.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I worked at Safeco part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great work environment, good people to work along side with. Cons: Tough to advance, needs to have more ways of moving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Safeco.

Worked for Safeco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Safeco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Safeco CEO Matthew D. Nickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Safeco employees.