There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen

I had a love/hate relationship with Safety-Kleen.

Former Employee - Market Sales Specialist  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Market Sales Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part, I worked with excellent people. But like any workplace there is some backstabbing and grandstanding. This is a dynamic fast paced company, everyday is busy, challenging, and mostly fun.

Cons

New employees received training from very qualified trainers. Once that initial training was completed further development was the responsibility of the sales manager. This development was non-existent, the sales manager I worked for was more interested in showcasing his own talents outside of his own area of responsibility in order to get promoted.

No advice, but just ensure workforce is not a victim of someone's unbridled ambition.

105 Other Employee Reviews for Safety-Kleen (View Most Recent)

30% turnover.

Current Employee - Market Sales Specialist  in  West Brookfield, MA
    Current Employee - Market Sales Specialist in West Brookfield, MA

I have been working at Safety-Kleen full-time

Pros

Good off site training. Good people but they don't stay around long. Medical is good and begins on your first day (prob bc so many people leave quickly).

Cons

For sales, there are wat too many steps post customer visit. It really is absurd how long it takes to meet the required CRM work, quotes, and profiles. I am willing to put in the effort but it takes so long that it takes away from selling time.

Need much more in the field training

Managment is like a revolving door- and that is who trains you!

Simplify the sales process. It's understandable wanting accountability but the process very much feels like big brother watching over you. Not much trust. I think if Managment took the time to go through the sales process, they would then realize how time consuming and redundant it is.

Pretty good company

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager  in  Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Greer, SC

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training program if you are new or experienced in sales. Highly organized company, but could consolidate some of the software programs.

Cons

Other than some personal issues I had with my District Manager and his management style, I really have no issues with this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen

Worked for Safety-Kleen? Contribute to the Community!