There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen

A great place to work

Former Employee - Territory Manager  in  Addison, TX
Former Employee - Territory Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive environment, casual dress code, supportive staff are just some of the reasons I enjoyed working at Safety Kleen. Generous gift card rewards for frequent contests, and great benefits, days off allowed life work balance.

Cons

My only complaints was that there was a ceiling on the commissions I could earn, and although I received a nice severence package, the sudden release of 150+ of us, was a big shock.

Don.t hire a call center staff without planning the what, ifs.

105 Other Employee Reviews for Safety-Kleen (View Most Recent)

I had a love/hate relationship with Safety-Kleen.

Former Employee - Market Sales Specialist  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Market Sales Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part, I worked with excellent people. But like any workplace there is some backstabbing and grandstanding. This is a dynamic fast paced company, everyday is busy, challenging, and mostly fun.

Cons

New employees received training from very qualified trainers. Once that initial training was completed further development was the responsibility of the sales manager. This development was non-existent, the sales manager I worked for was more interested in showcasing his own talents outside of his own area of responsibility in order to get promoted.

No advice, but just ensure workforce is not a victim of someone's unbridled ambition.

30% turnover.

Current Employee - Market Sales Specialist  in  West Brookfield, MA
    Current Employee - Market Sales Specialist in West Brookfield, MA

I have been working at Safety-Kleen full-time

Pros

Good off site training. Good people but they don't stay around long. Medical is good and begins on your first day (prob bc so many people leave quickly).

Cons

For sales, there are wat too many steps post customer visit. It really is absurd how long it takes to meet the required CRM work, quotes, and profiles. I am willing to put in the effort but it takes so long that it takes away from selling time.

Need much more in the field training

Managment is like a revolving door- and that is who trains you!

Simplify the sales process. It's understandable wanting accountability but the process very much feels like big brother watching over you. Not much trust. I think if Managment took the time to go through the sales process, they would then realize how time consuming and redundant it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen

Worked for Safety-Kleen? Contribute to the Community!