There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen

Worked there 22 years and the last 5 were pure hell.

Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people in the branch. Good Benefits.

Cons

Never has a company sttod in the way of its own success as Safety-Kleen does. They have no idea what true sales is about nor do they act like they want to. If you own a home, good luck working here. You have no idea what you will make year to year because they come out with a different pay plan every year. Morale has sunk since 2003 and from what I am told is no better today.

Wake up and look around at the leadership in your Areas. Atlanta used to be a proud Area and now due to the loss of quality people flounders with its leadership. The problem is there are other Areas with the same problem and no focus from Corporate.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Safety-Kleen (View Most Recent)

A great place to work

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Positive environment, casual dress code, supportive staff are just some of the reasons I enjoyed working at Safety Kleen. Generous gift card rewards for frequent contests, and great benefits, days off allowed life work balance.

Cons

My only complaints was that there was a ceiling on the commissions I could earn, and although I received a nice severence package, the sudden release of 150+ of us, was a big shock.

Don.t hire a call center staff without planning the what, ifs.

I had a love/hate relationship with Safety-Kleen.

Former Employee - Market Sales Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Market Sales Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part, I worked with excellent people. But like any workplace there is some backstabbing and grandstanding. This is a dynamic fast paced company, everyday is busy, challenging, and mostly fun.

Cons

New employees received training from very qualified trainers. Once that initial training was completed further development was the responsibility of the sales manager. This development was non-existent, the sales manager I worked for was more interested in showcasing his own talents outside of his own area of responsibility in order to get promoted.

No advice, but just ensure workforce is not a victim of someone's unbridled ambition.

There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen