Safety National

www.sncc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Safety National

I loved working here, sad it seems to have growing pains

Current Employee - IT Dev in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - IT Dev in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Safety National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, who truly care about their work

Cons

The new CTO hires his buddies and leant have a clue about IT, only software

12 Other Employee Reviews for Safety National (View Most Recent)

Great Underwriting Atmosphere.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Safety National full-time

Pros

Safety National has been great to work for. Just so I can easily summarize my thoughts, I'll make a list:
    1) Pay is above industry average commensurate with your experience.
    2) Health insurance and retirement are pretty run of the mill, but health care is free for employees and kids, and they give you $2,000 annually to apply to your $3,000 (if you pay your $1,000 first).
    3) There is virtually no micro-management. People are never checking over your shoulder, or bugging you about stuff.
    4) Cash bonuses for designations.
    5) 4% Christmas bonus.
    6) Vacation homes for employees to use (for free!).
    7) Business casual dress with frequent jeans days.
    8) Catered lunches at least once a month.
    9) A work from home option seems to be coming soon (?).
    10) Free soda all day erry day (but it's Pepsi, so take that for what it's worth).
    11) An excellent training program.
    12) A bunch of other good stuff, I've most likely become used to and take for granted.

Cons

During peak times, things get a little crazy. I worked several 60-70 hour work weeks this year (during December and June).

Keep doing what you're doing. The employees appreciate all the stuff you do - even the little things.

Where they lack in ethics they make up for in nepotism and lies

Former Employee - Lead IT Clown in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Lead IT Clown in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Safety National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best thing about the company is that you can quit

Cons

Management have no education or experience and hired based on family and friends of higher management. Idiots hired to power struggle over each other. Anyone with more than an associates should look elsewhere for employment.

Have very high turnover. They hire 4 people at a time hoping 1 stays. With such outdated technology and inexperienced uneducated management their IS team will never get caught up to modern day.

For every honest negative review on here they require an employee to mock up a fake review. I was asked to, I didn't, I then got "released".

Pride themselves on work life balance yet expect you to work 12 hr days with no comp time or pay.

They created core values that are used against them as a joke. Honesty, not one manager has ran a department without adhering to the games and lies of higher management. Teamwork, because everyone quits you spend all your time meeting people and watching them leave than actually working. In 3 months, teams changed 6 times with no work delivered. Balance, work 15 hour days for crap pay. Integrity, a brief look into any managers actions will show unethical, very questionable harassment covered up by more lies. Stability, they are stable professional liars.

Grow up and run a respectable company based on real core values.

There are newer employer reviews for Safety National