There are newer employer reviews for Safeway Canada

O. K. place to work

Current Employee - Front End Cashier  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Safeway Canada part-time for less than a year

Pros

close to home and I like the varied hours. Starting pay is good and co-workers helpful and friendly, customers are pleasant and most understood it was my first shift after having to tell them as I wasn't given a training badge.

Cons

Training I found to be lacking, some people do well with computer training especially the younger generation but I believe more hands on training is needed to have successful older workers, one shift then nothing for over a week and you have to try to remember everything all over again when you get to work again can be intimidating.

More on the floor training with a supervisor would go a long way to keeping people and a few shifts after training would be a huge benefit to new employees as they would retain a lot more of their training.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway Canada (View Most Recent)

Fine.

Former Employee - Produce Clerk  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at Safeway Canada part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked as a produce clerk. It was not incredibly hard work, but there were no days that I was just lounging around. Overall, very fair place to work.

Cons

There are almost no ways to get significant raises. Some of my coworkers were working at Safeway for 10 year and were making $20/hr.

I enjoy it for the most part.

Current Employee - Category Development Analyst  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Category Development Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Safeway Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

They encourage you to move up within the company and are very flexible in terms of letting you leave early on long weekends or when the weather is bad.

Cons

Longer hours, older computer systems, older real estate. I think the longer than normal hours are maybe a deterrent to people volunteering to work more hours

I think by making longer hours a requirement, people are less likely to donate their own time.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway Canada

Worked for Safeway Canada? Contribute to the Community!