Safeway

www.safeway.com
  www.safeway.com
There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

I enjoy working there and it is a good company to work for

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Safeway

Pros

The are helpful to the customers and enjoy working there.

Cons

Safeway is closing stores and employees are having a hard time finding stores within the company to find new jobs.

I realize these are trying time for the grocery industry, but when you see other grocery stores like Pete's Produce expanding you have to take inventory and improve our marketing tactics.

1216 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

Once Was Good, Now Its gone

Current Employee - Manager in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Safeway

Pros

Always have work, good benefit package, but im under older contract, you get to learn good social and work skills.

Cons

Lack of qualified help!! Sad to see the ship sinking, Its going down like the titanic, The customer, ya the ones that pay for my lively hood are becoming frustrated, as the company cuts the help, they cut the sales, Im seeing it first hand. It just seems that its being run aground intentionally. So it makes it real hard to see the people you have provided great service to for so many years, say see ya. Because the stores are falling apart and its not because of lazy workers, its because they are cutting in the wrong places. That makes it a real downer to see.And I know, we have to show a profit to the stockholders, but when your cutting labor and sales are plumeting, you are not cutting labor!!! Hello Econ.101..

We need some bold bright people to come in ASAP. The ship is sinking. Its obvious we have moved away from alot that worked in the past, but what is going on at store level needs to be fixed, Every store level manager will say the same thing, Its just who is going to listen, The money is made at store level, and yes some at corp. But you who think cutting labor the way its been cut at store level is going to lift store level sales is going to help, well I think you are mistaken when sales are falling, your employees are running there tails off, and sales are hurting you are not cutting labor, you are cutting your own buisness out of the picture. Its not to late to fix this, but if things are not fixed soon we all will be looking for new jobs, I also think that if the store level managers are not getting bonuses why are the president on down getting them. SOS. FROM A DEDICATED HARD WORKING EMPLOYEE. OVER 20YRS

Learned a lot, but little advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Safeway

Pros

Benefits
    Pension
    Gym on-site
    Corporate discount on corporate brand items

Cons

Political
    Little or no advancement
    Poor senior management
    No respect from senior management
    NO MORAL!

Go back to school! Listen to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway