More hours would get better results!

Current Employee - Bakery Manager  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Bakery Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Safeway

Pros

Good pay and benefits,If you have been there a while.The customers really appreciate the way we provide excellent customer service,they appreciate us.

Cons

The amount of work in the time allowed.If everyone is not working to there full potential the job is very difficult everyone needs to be a team player.Remember our customers are why we have a job!

Add more hours to the stores so that we may better serve the customers while keeping our depts looking presentable.Stop trying to make all the stores so uniform, different areas sell different items.Our differences are what makes people shop around.

Other Reviews for Safeway

Safeway is not "safe" by any means.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Safeway

Pros

For a starter position within an enterprise, this place is good because even if you screw up, you wont get fired. But thats all this place is good for is to get your feet wet and get some experience.

Cons

Almost everything else that you can think of. Retirement plan is atrocious, training is non-existent, knowledge experts that don't know anything are abundant, office politics is like watching TV...you'd only think stuff like that can happen in TV, antiquated management, antiquated equipment, trust me, this is not a place you really want to work if you can avoid it.

Quit, get out and leave running the business to the new blood who understand a heck of a lot more about how to run a business in THIS GENERATION than you do in the last one!

If you don't mind being used for the first few years, and you have a heart of stone, Safeway's an option.

Current Employee - Bakery Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Bakery Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Safeway

Pros

There's alot of opportunities for people that otherwise wouldn't have them because of minimal education. Safeway is big on internal promotions, and going up in the company is easy if you have a positive attitude and are willing to take direction.

Cons

Safeway coperate expects a lot and they don't give you a lot of time to get it done in.

Dial down the negative and give more positive reinforcement. It goes a long way when the little victories are recognized. It puts the drive back in us.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway.

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!