Safeway

www.safeway.com

Safeway / Pleasanton

Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager  in  Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Work for a Fortune 50 Company
Room for career growth
Perfect launching pad to work for the vendor community i.e. Kraft, Clorox, Kelloggs, Del Monte, P & G, Conagra, etc...

Excellent benefits
401k
Superb campus spread out through several buidlings

Cons

Low on the pay scale within the industry

Merit raises happened very infrequenty even though performance objectives above target

Bonuses are often not allocated due to non-profitability

Upper level executive team should look at how they want to keep their great talent. Pay them what they are worth. It's unfortunate that so many employees leave each month due to non-untilization of the curren skill set.

Other reviews for Safeway

Its a Job

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I am just a high school kid, and it's nice to not have a whole lot of responsibility. The managers understand that I am going to mess around.

Cons

Corporate is getting much tougher on its regs. I am required to do some goofy stuff, like wave people into my line and recite ordered lines.

Please let each employee have their own style.

Working for Safeway was okay.

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Most of the managers were very friendly and respectful. Most of them were very understanding of my disabilities and worked with me.

Cons

There were a couple of managers that really did not care. One of the managers would schedual me for more hours than I was physically able to work then he threatened to fire me if I did not work my schedualed shifts. One manager wanted me to be in 5 places at once and would yell at me for not getting stuff done when she would not allow me to leave the bagging area. She also wanted me to clock my sweeps without actually checking the store for spills and hazards.

Putting extra pressure on your employees doesn't always get you better results. Sometimes it just stresses them out and lowers morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway.

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!