Safeway

www.safeway.com

Great place to work if you enjoy corporate bureaucracy

Food Clerk (Current Employee) Coeur d'Alene, ID

ProsGreat benefits, great co-workers, ability to move up if you're the corporate type, good job if you prefer part-time work, customer-focused culture, highly ethical corporate values.

ConsLimited work/life balance due to the nature of the business, can be very stressful at times, highly repetitive work, physically demanding work, investment in employees and hours can be very lean at various times during the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate wasteful spending on promotional materials, paper use and analyze the business need of many positions, such as VPs, DMs and merchandisers.

Safeway / Pleasanton

Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Safeway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work for a Fortune 50 Company Room for career growth Perfect launching pad to work for the vendor community… Cons: Low on the pay scale within the industry Merit raises happened very infrequenty… Advice to Senior Management: Upper level executive team should look at how they want to keep their great talent. Pay them what they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

confusing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Safeway full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: very organized with a very updated it department Cons: no clue what true customer service is Advice to Senior Management: listen to some of your employees that have worked in a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Safeway.

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!