Stock Liquor 10am to 7 am 4 days a week.

Current Employee - Night Stocker  in  Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Night Stocker in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Safeway part-time for more than a year

Pros

My Position allows for more causal customer interaction.
The Load delivery times allow for the same schedule every week so you can plan person things.
If you work well on your own, this position is for you, put you music on, and the night fly's by.

Cons

Due to the company wanting to save money, this job starting out is not a career, its more of a odd job during your college years. for example, a lot of the night crew i work with started 10-15 years ago, they are locked on the old union contract. so they "capped" out their pay within 2 years. anyone hired within 5 years will not cap out their pay for 10 years unless they go to management.
i have worked here for 1.5 years, i make under $10 a hour, the night crew manager makes $22.50
a hour, About 50k a year with 40 hour weeks, the main store manger who is not under union, makes $50 a hour! so it your choice if you can handle the commitment to make it.

Be more involved in the individual workers of the store and communicate, especially to the night crew, witch is not not really a Crew anymore.

Other Reviews for Safeway

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Safeway full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very Good Salary once you have been there a while

Cons

To many unrealistic job expectations, Managers get beat down daily, company does not appreciate its employee's,

It absolutely sucked

Former Employee - All Purpose Clerk  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - All Purpose Clerk in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Safeway part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I really didn't have much good to say about the place.

Cons

No chances for advancement. All of your advancement opportunities are hinged on their stupid secret shopper survey. I had twenty years of retail experience and couldn't get promoted. No full time for employees ever !! I was expected to work like a slave. Constantly cutting hours. Management and supervision doesn't care. Don't work at Safeway ever!!!!!!

Learn to treat people with respect and value your good working employees. Many of you need to look for other jobs. It's hard to believe you got to your position to begin with. Well what goes around comes around........

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway.

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!