Safeway

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

unreliable

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Safeway part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting new people as they come through the till with their groceries. The training was a bit ridiculous. Along with watching videos on how to be a cashier, I had to watch a video on becoming a loyal Safeway customer.

Cons

I wasnt given any help with learning about the benefits. So I took it upon myself to make some calls. I found out you have to work a minimum of 10 hours a week to qualify for the benefits, which are actually pretty good. They wouldn't give me 10 hours a week consistently. Also, I had to physically go to the store to check my schedule. Pretty ridiculous in this technology driven world.

Make schedules available online. Also it was very difficult for a new employee to find someone to cover a shift because of the seniority rules. It's a lie to tell people how much they've saved when you have over charged them to begin with. As a best price shopper, I always felt my customers at Safeway were being ripped off and then lied to by a cashier with smile on their face.

1243 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

food clerk

I worked at Safeway part-time

Pros

depends on your crew can be a really fun place

Cons

over work their managers but some dont work at all

relax

decent highschool job

Former Employee - Cake Decorator
    Former Employee - Cake Decorator

I worked at Safeway part-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible hours, decent pay, you can hide in the back and read magazines, free ice cream when the freezer breaks

Cons

you work at a supermarket, customers bother you cause they think you care, you work with idiots, seriously you work at a supermarket...

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway