Safeway

www.safeway.com
  www.safeway.com
There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

Easiest Job, you'll ever hate!

Former Employee - Manager in Corvallis, OR
Former Employee - Manager in Corvallis, OR

I worked at Safeway full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People you work with, as long as you are on a good foot with them as well as customers that you get to know over the duration of the employment. Flexible schedule, good pay when you work yourself up through the company.

Cons

Uniform standards to harsh for the average employee. High Turnover. Employee inexperience can make the position extremely hard.

- listen to the people below you, most of the time they are ones who see what is really going on (lots of essential people running the stores, which aren't Managers ...)
- brunt force of the work is being done by the die-hards, treat them well!
Give them the gainshare back!

1246 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

OK job...not a career, just a job.

Former Employee - Starbucks Barista
    Former Employee - Starbucks Barista

I worked at Safeway part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Convenient to pick up groceries after getting off shift

Cons

No guaranteed hours. I worked 23 hours a week for my first month. I started a second job to help ends meet. We then lost two people in my department and management put me on 6 days a week at 36-38 hours a week. They wanted me to leave my second job to open up my availability. It's a good thing I didn't do it because I heard they were still hiring for the position. My co-workers in other departments said they do this all the time and that my hours would be cut as soon as they hired someone new. Suprise! Suprise! they were right on. Three weeks later my hours were dropped down to 23 again. It's a good thing I didnt leave my second job, I would have been up a creek without a paddle.

Flexible schedule, but not for me

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Safeway full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flexible work schedule, get paid weekly

Cons

company has really gone down hill as far as pay rates and how fast you can move up with your pay and in positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway