Failure

Former Employee - Front End Cashier
Former Employee - Front End Cashier

I worked at Safeway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool working environment where everyone was just doing their thing Everyone was focused on their job so there was little distraction

Cons

Very low pay for all the work I had to do during my shift Difficult to get hired, applied for multiple jobs after getting hired a month later

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Easiest Job, you'll ever hate!

Former Employee - Manager in Corvallis, OR
    Former Employee - Manager in Corvallis, OR

I worked at Safeway full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People you work with, as long as you are on a good foot with them as well as customers that you get to know over the duration of the employment. Flexible schedule, good pay when you work yourself up through the company.

Cons

Uniform standards to harsh for the average employee. High Turnover. Employee inexperience can make the position extremely hard.

Advice to Management

- listen to the people below you, most of the time they are ones who see what is really going on (lots of essential people running the stores, which aren't Managers ...) - brunt force of the work is being done by the die-hards, treat them well! Give them the gainshare back!

OK job...not a career, just a job.

Former Employee - Starbucks Barista
    Former Employee - Starbucks Barista

I worked at Safeway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenient to pick up groceries after getting off shift

Cons

No guaranteed hours. I worked 23 hours a week for my first month. I started a second job to help ends meet. We then lost two people in my department and management put me on 6 days a week at 36-38 hours a week. They wanted me to leave my second job to open up my availability. It's a good thing I didn't do it because I heard they were still hiring for the position. My co-workers in other departments said they do this all the time and that my hours would be cut as soon as they hired someone new. Suprise! Suprise! they were right on. Three weeks later my hours were dropped down to 23 again. It's a good thing I didnt leave my second job, I would have been up a creek without a paddle.