Failure

Former Employee - Front End Cashier
Former Employee - Front End Cashier

I worked at Safeway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool working environment where everyone was just doing their thing Everyone was focused on their job so there was little distraction

Cons

Very low pay for all the work I had to do during my shift Difficult to get hired, applied for multiple jobs after getting hired a month later

Other Employee Reviews for Safeway

1. Easiest Job, you'll ever hate!

Former Employee - Manager in Corvallis, OR
    Former Employee - Manager in Corvallis, OR

I worked at Safeway full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People you work with, as long as you are on a good foot with them as well as customers that you get to know over the duration of the employment. Flexible schedule, good pay when you work yourself up through the company.

Cons

Uniform standards to harsh for the average employee. High Turnover. Employee inexperience can make the position extremely hard.

Advice to Management

- listen to the people below you, most of the time they are ones who see what is really going on (lots of essential people running the stores, which aren't Managers ...) - brunt force of the work is being done by the die-hards, treat them well! Give them the gainshare back!

2. This is a a little bit of a rant but is very truthful.

Former Employee - Seafood Clerk in Milwaukie, OR
    Former Employee - Seafood Clerk in Milwaukie, OR

I worked at Safeway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had GREAT co-workers suffering along with me in this job. The last year I worked for Safeway I had a good manager. Great supervisor the last 2 years working for Safeway. Paid weekly.

Cons

No overtime allowed (or else you get in trouble even if they expect you to complete above and beyond the above and beyond job you already accomplish daily). Treated very poorly by customers. Managers riding you daily (even when you do so much already). Safeway way overworks and underpays you. Unstable hours if you're a courtesy clerk or anything really (except if you have a good manager in a specific department). For the time I was there for FOUR years, my last raise got me to 9.69/hr, and I worked there full-time. Safeway does not care about employees. Terrible company to work for, have other cons but that would be a novel.