There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

Amazing experience, probably best in class

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Safeway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good packages, good treatment a bit overwhelming

Cons

Well boring, not very interesting in retail space hard to say

Advice to Management

make life more interesting

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Safeway job

I worked at Safeway

Pros

Good people to work with, and flexible scheduling for students, tasks are easy and I always got the time off that I needed for different reasons.

Cons

Understaffed because of budgeted hours. This lead to the staff being overworked and overstressed.

unreliable

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Safeway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people as they come through the till with their groceries. The training was a bit ridiculous. Along with watching videos on how to be a cashier, I had to watch a video on becoming a loyal Safeway customer.

Cons

I wasnt given any help with learning about the benefits. So I took it upon myself to make some calls. I found out you have to work a minimum of 10 hours a week to qualify for the benefits, which are actually pretty good. They wouldn't give me 10 hours a week consistently. Also, I had to physically go to the store to check my schedule. Pretty ridiculous in this technology driven world.

Advice to Management

Make schedules available online. Also it was very difficult for a new employee to find someone to cover a shift because of the seniority rules. It's a lie to tell people how much they've saved when you have over charged them to begin with. As a best price shopper, I always felt my customers at Safeway were being ripped off and then lied to by a cashier with smile on their face.