Safeway

www.safeway.com
  www.safeway.com
There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

Amazing experience, probably best in class

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Safeway full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good packages, good treatment a bit overwhelming

Cons

Well boring, not very interesting in retail space hard to say

make life more interesting

1243 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

Safeway job

I worked at Safeway

Pros

Good people to work with, and flexible scheduling for students, tasks are easy and I always got the time off that I needed for different reasons.

Cons

Understaffed because of budgeted hours. This lead to the staff being overworked and overstressed.

unreliable

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Safeway part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting new people as they come through the till with their groceries. The training was a bit ridiculous. Along with watching videos on how to be a cashier, I had to watch a video on becoming a loyal Safeway customer.

Cons

I wasnt given any help with learning about the benefits. So I took it upon myself to make some calls. I found out you have to work a minimum of 10 hours a week to qualify for the benefits, which are actually pretty good. They wouldn't give me 10 hours a week consistently. Also, I had to physically go to the store to check my schedule. Pretty ridiculous in this technology driven world.

Make schedules available online. Also it was very difficult for a new employee to find someone to cover a shift because of the seniority rules. It's a lie to tell people how much they've saved when you have over charged them to begin with. As a best price shopper, I always felt my customers at Safeway were being ripped off and then lied to by a cashier with smile on their face.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway