Safeway

www.safeway.com
  www.safeway.com
There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

Having a GREAT time working for Safeway!!!!

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Payson, AZ
Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Payson, AZ

I have been working at Safeway full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome health insurance, the fairest bosses I've ever had, as many as hours as I could ever ask for, super friendly, fun co-workers, fun talking to tourists and locals all day, hour-long breaks, plus other 20 minute breaks, very casual in the deli, and FINALLY appreciated for my hard work, great customer service and they love that I'm willing to work whenever and am on time. I've been so depressed over the past few years at my previus jobs, and I'm finally freakin' HAPPY!!

Cons

In the deli, where I work, people come and go so much, we are constantly training new people, so it slows things down sometimes. And that's about it!

Hmmm, I'd wish they kept us in the loop about price changes in the deli a little more, I walk in and have to really just figure it out, the prices are posted wrong, and customers complain sometimes. But that is such a small thing to complain about after having worked for some HORRIBLE companies in the past!!

1216 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

Simply Awesome!

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Surprise, AZ
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Surprise, AZ

I have been working at Safeway part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The coworkers are great to work with. Managers are understanding. The company provide a website called safewayjumpstart to assign you in your fitness and health goals, and management tries to assist you in getting higher positions in the company. They OFFER VIDEO workshops on how to be managers, and have a College sponsorship program for Employees.

Cons

As a courtesy Clerk your hours are lean during the summer, and pretty low year around! The college sponsorship program doesn't cover all colleges.

Keep up the good work, but expand the Eligible Colleges a touch. I'd like to see BYU, Devry, and others added to the college sponsorship program.

checker

I worked at Safeway

Pros

They offer good pay for the amount of work you do as well as work well with your schedule to accommodate you.

Cons

Like most jobs it gets boring doing the same thing over and over. It would be better if you could rotate duties.

make your food cheaper