Safeway

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Lomitas C Colonia, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Lomitas C Colonia, TX

I have been working at Safeway part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Been an easy job.and thats about it why do i have to do 20 minimum you know lame man

Cons

low pay so thats all i ahve to say about that you dont need to know more stop asking

1254 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

Not the worst place I ever worked, but not the best

Former Employee - CPhT in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - CPhT in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Safeway full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Actually the Union. They made sure we weren't overworked, which is a plus in the pharmacy. the training program was really good. Automatic raises every year regardless of performance.Good benefits after a year.

Cons

My immediate pharmacists were great, but dealing with upper management was terrible. They made policies in the office without thinking about us in the trenches. They are doing all this remodeling for the wellness rooms,and we were forced to work during construction in our pharmacy. Why they couldn't do it at night when we were closed, I don't know. The customers sure weren't happy. I sure didn't like the noise and breathing in all the dust. They would cut our hours every summer, but heap on more responsibilities and requirements.

The people in the office need to work in the pharmacies for a week and then make your policies!

Courtesy Clerk

I worked at Safeway

Pros

Meeting new and interesting people, learning different aspects of the grocery industry, and having the support of the rest of the front end team.

Cons

Not enough pay, hours/schedules vary to much week to week, loyalty and dependability go unrecognized, no raises to be given to reward hard working employees.

Telling associates one thing and then tell HR something completely different is ludicrous and unacceptable. Managers should treat all employees like a valuable asset; even those in the lower ranks i.e. courtesy clerks.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway