Safeway
2.8 of 5 1,007 reviews
www.safeway.com Pleasanton, CA 5000+ Employees

Expect Disappointment

Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee)
Enumclaw, WA

ProsI have been working at Safeway for 3 months, what I like about working here is that your fellow courtesy clerks are nice and friendly and somewhat supportive. Working here gives you 10% off employee discount and S.C.E.A perks (discount admission fees of events) benefits.

ConsHowever, working as a courtesy clerk can be very stressful and overwhelming. Expect your wage to be 10 cents above minimum wage, pushing in heavy carts from parking lot in all COLD, HOT and RAINY weather conditions for an hour. Also expect to be cleaning bathrooms. The management team I found is not really all that supportive and also found them to be very micro-managing even when you are trying your hardest to do the tasks well.

overworked, underpaid, underappreciated

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Safeway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: made some decent friends out of it Cons: missed out on a lot of family functions No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Low pay, low reward

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee)
    Sammamish, WA

I worked at Safeway part-time for less than a year

Pros: Accomodating with school schedules Decent work/life balance Some friendly staff members Cons: Union pay low Micromanagement, managers are difficult to work with No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Safeway.

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!

Safeway – Why Work for Us?

Our employees are the foundation of our success – they are the heart of what we do. By developing a personalized career, fostering a healthy lifestyle, and participating in a culture of innovation, our employees impact… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Safeway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Safeway CEO Robert Edwards. All reviews posted anonymously by Safeway employees.