Safeway

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

Poorly managed liars

Former Employee - Meat Wrapper in Lone Tree, CO
Former Employee - Meat Wrapper in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Safeway part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The other employees were nice for the most part. Working in the meat department was pleasant over the summer because it was kept cold.

Cons

They didn't pay me for my second to last week of work, I had to harass management to even get paid, and they still were shorting my hours. I was also told I'd be getting 20-40 hours a week, but I was getting maybe 16, max. Manager was also extremely lazy, never doing work on his shift and then asking me to do it all on mine.

Stop letting lazy people become managers, get your payroll system set up so your employees can actually be paid.

1254 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

Sweatshop

Former Employee - Cashier in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Safeway part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work there for more than a year , there are a lot of good people who work hard . I enjoyed working there in the beginning.

Cons

Its understaffed. 110% turn over due to Demanding Store manager. Got a friend who got fired because he was bullied by the alcoholic supervisor and alcoholic assistant supervisor. Had a supervisor would go home drinking and had a assistant supervisor would come to work drunk. Though reported to security ,security DID NOTHING, Store Manager and managerial staff did Nothing and was told that I have to deal with that. Oh yea, I already have the security on speed dial. It was the probably I complained that at the tenth or more time to supervisor, managers , security that I finally decided to quit. I refused to work with drunk people. Because I have seen them how they retaliate and got a friend fired. Work becomes stressful.

Stop making it into a sweatshop.

broken

I have been working at Safeway

Pros

compensation for management is very good. able to negotiate.

Cons

policies and procedures are worse than any other company I have worked for.

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway