Safeway

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

Not too bad

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Safeway part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can cash your paychecks at customer service, the registers are pretty simple and you get paid every Friday.

Cons

They start you off minimum wage no matter what experience you have, they don't give long enough breaks.

1380 Other Employee Reviews for Safeway (View Most Recent)

Worst store manager at 1494 Spokane, WA !!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Safeway part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great assistance manger, medical and dental, union , good company to work for --just not at this store (or at least with this manager)

Cons

store manager wants us to spy on other coworkers and report back to him so he can write them. ALWAYS looking for a write up, as a helper clerk, I started at min. wage & 9 years later still @ min. wage! always hires younger guys for the "hard" work and ladies only courtesy clerks/ clean up . The guys never last but got a raise. Manager always in office with coffee instead of helping in checking, always hiding, spying on employees. Would leave , but need the money!!!
    Was dating a coworker in secret & promoted her to man. at a different store, promoted her daughter to man. No one trust you which is sad.Your friends can do no wrong( come in late, carry cell phones) and the rest of us get written up

Get rid of the current store manager, put the 2nd in command in full charge, leave personal problems at home, stop lying and denying something when caught, give raises to hard WORKERS- not just your friends or guys, this is a big store---get more hours!!!! Work outside your office and be a team player!!! Smile and help customers during the re-model, show you care about them!! Hard to get promoted with him- unless friends with him.

Pretty good so far, small tweaks then it's great

Current Employee - Checker in East Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Checker in East Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Safeway part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The workers are nice and I like that you get paid every week. College students schedules are flexible and nice. You get a lot for your money. And having the safeway club card is a must I rang up a customers groceries and it saved her about 40 dollars.

Cons

Breaks are short if you get one. U was told you only get one uniform shirt and you have to buy more on the website. That's not fair at least give you two. And there's no jackets or aprons as a cashier, I thought they want to at least let you look uniformed through the whole store and neat.

Make sure the new hires are being trained and watched correct my because I just started and I have asked more questions to staff then my do called mentors (if I could keep up with finding them).

There are newer employer reviews for Safeway