High School Games

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Benefits, Reasonable Hours, Good Reputation

Cons

Poor Communication, Favortism, Low Pay, Unprofessional HR

Advice to Management

Make all departments adhere to the same rules.

Other Employee Reviews for Safilo

Good environment, but not structured practice.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

I have been working at Safilo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are very friendly. It is easy to speak with other employees and feel them as friends. People care about their company.

Cons

The company is not structured. Too many changes, without a clear and shared target.

Advice to Management

Need of a long-term project.

Not the best time to join.

I have been working at Safilo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- having no standard process means you can create process. So I enjoyed when given the chance to make a difference. - there are indeed some very talented good people esp. in local markets whom I can learn from. - great products with ever-improving design. Superior product quality vs. competitors. (that I proudly say)

Cons

- the one company which I have experienced the most changes, and still changing...maybe it will never stop changing... - completely lack of communication as in (i) info was simply not being communicated or (ii) HQ/Regl teams with very poor English that put confusions into everything. - lack of respect across the board. - lack of the sense of responsibility and ownership. (management checking phones when people raised out issues in meeting) but on a very contradictory end overly protective to own's turf. ... - there is little room to grow if you were non-Italian Caucasians. There is no room to grow if you were Asian. ... - the company just lost the most important license. Enough said.

Advice to Management

It's sad to see this company sinking. I am not too sure how it can be fixed. Fundamentally the lack of respect is like a stage 4 cancer and often driving the competent people away. Overly expanding on functions to cope with market threat but the capacity and capability are truly questionable. Everybody suffers, everybody is scared.