Good atmosphere for hotel professionals, but has a few draw backs.

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

Great culture. Coworkers feel like family. There is a lot of loyalty amongst employees, and many employees have been with Sage for quite a while. The company is currently on a strong growth curve and should continue to benefit from this growth for years to come.

Cons

First of all, the company is owned by two individuals, so many decisions are impacted by what's best for their personal situations, not always what's best for the company.
Pay is generally below market which is evident in their ability to recruit and retain top talent.
Health benefits are WAY below market. If you don't need great health benefits then this should be a small factor for you. If you are providing benefits for a family you should count a large added expense in with the rest of your comp package. I can't count the number of times I've called a medical provider to inquire about a bill and heard "Ooh, wow. Most insurance plans fully cover something like this. I'm sorry, but it looks like you're responsible for the difference."

Other Reviews for Sage Hospitality

Lots of talk. No action.

Former Employee - Bartender  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Bartender in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with some wonderful people; naturally the worker bees. Good benefits though.

Cons

They take on a property & everything is about improving, working together, 'we care about you', etc. Then - POOF - nothing changes. Invisible upper management. Status quo maintained. You know, if you are let go from one of their properties, you can never work at a Sage property again, apparently anywhere, for the rest of your life. Would've been nice to be paid for accrued vacation hours when I was terminated.

Listen to the regular workers, not just the dept. mgrs. Maybe actually do something instead of smiling a lot and sitting back. That's the way it looks anyway.

Great Company

Current Employee - Outlets Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Outlets Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nationwide Network, Community Service, Easy Access to Corporate Help

Cons

Needs to acquire additional hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Sage Hospitality.

Worked for Sage Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!