There are newer employer reviews for Sage Hospitality

Wage withheld because they started working me before they officially had me in the system that I had been hired.

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Gahanna, OH
Former Employee - Housekeeper in Gahanna, OH

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There were no perks for this job. I thought there were at first, but only because they lied to me about the job.

Cons

They hired me without really even considering me, then they started working me the same day, before they had done a background check, and they hadn't even had me fill out all the information I needed to fill out, Technically I was not officially hired until 2 weeks after they "hired" me. It's been 5 days past payday, and I still don't have my check, they keep telling me it will be here the next day...

Advice to Management

You seriously need new management in this location!!! The Assistant Manager is VERY VERY unprofessional, and the General Manager is never around. I would strongly advise against working here. And several people have told me they can't keep people working there... It's not wonder they can't keep people if they're treating everyone the same way they have treated me.

reviews filtered by
  1. lots of opportunity for advancement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun and friendly environment with lots of room for growth. Strong work ethic is rewarded through reviews and raises as well as employee incentive programs.

Cons

Being that it is a very large company sometimes employees are held too long because they are unable to just be let go.

Lots of talk. No action.

Former Employee - Bartender in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Bartender in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked with some wonderful people; naturally the worker bees. Good benefits though.

Cons

They take on a property & everything is about improving, working together, 'we care about you', etc. Then - POOF - nothing changes. Invisible upper management. Status quo maintained. You know, if you are let go from one of their properties, you can never work at a Sage property again, apparently anywhere, for the rest of your life. Would've been nice to be paid for accrued vacation hours when I was terminated.

Advice to Management

Listen to the regular workers, not just the dept. mgrs. Maybe actually do something instead of smiling a lot and sitting back. That's the way it looks anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Sage Hospitality