There are newer employer reviews for Sage Hospitality

Sage Hospitality offers opportunities for it's employees, however, positions are low paying for management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* growing company
* innovated ideas
* opportunities in certain positions for advancement

Cons

* The HR Department has tools to use for managers, however, at the hotels they are not implemented. It depends on the GM of the hotel.

* Hiring of managers is not fair, it's based on who you know. The GM looks at hiring the least expensive person to the job versus the most talent & experienced person.

Don't play favoritism. Give raises to your management staff. It was over 5 years until receiving a raise that was very minimal.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Sage Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Upward mobility, but little work/life balance

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a hotel management company that manages franchised hotels is advantageous to working at a corporate property in many ways. Primarily, there is more ability to move talent up through the ranks quickly and there is more flexibility to make local budget decisions. I felt empowered working for Sage - in that I could speak my mind and have my opinions valued by leadership team members. Management compensation is average for hotel management. I also recall having a decent benefits package.

Cons

I worked for a division of this company that no longer exists, and as a result my position was eliminated. The company grew too quickly, with no SOPs, and did not see the ROI needed to sustain the pace. The other side of the coin of being able to be promoted faster, is the side where there's not as much reserve to support the hard times. My criticism isn't so much with the cutting back of staff during economic downturns - I understand business and sometimes that is necessary. However, the way it was done at the property where I worked was a few people at a time, then a couple months later, a few more, etc. It created an environment of tension and paranoia, as no one knew who might be next.

Horrible Management, Immature Staff

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Westlake, OH

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The guests are great to work with! You do wear a lot of hats there!

Cons

You wear so many hats because you have to react, instead of being proactive. Mgmt sits in their office and you forge their signature on audit documents. Perhaps it's different in the Denver office but this facility is flying by the seat of their pants. Treat your employees with respect; get back to them when they email you regarding potential problems or issues. Think before you act; anticipate in order to be proactive instead of running around like a chicken with your head cut off at the last minute and being reactive. Make sure the rules apply to EVERYONE.

Grow up. Recognize your employees. Look at their work and give raises based on that instead of whether or not the employees are breathing while they're there.

There are newer employer reviews for Sage Hospitality