Typical Corporate American Bureaucracy

Current Employee - So Called "full Time" = HOURLY  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - So Called "full Time" = HOURLY in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

It beats working at Walmart

Cons

Typical manipulation within American bureaucracy. The top level reap rewards whilst the laymen are stripped of quality of life and living and made to believe a measly compensation is considered "competitive".

Top level - shame on you for your blatant striping of dignity and quality of life through viable employment of your workers. Middle management - shame on you for settling on your mediocre bribes and promises, you are still taking advantage of the hardest workers who provide the bread and butter of your industry.

Other Reviews for Sage Hospitality

Sage Hospitality offers opportunities for it's employees, however, positions are low paying for management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* growing company
    * innovated ideas
    * opportunities in certain positions for advancement

Cons

* The HR Department has tools to use for managers, however, at the hotels they are not implemented. It depends on the GM of the hotel.

* Hiring of managers is not fair, it's based on who you know. The GM looks at hiring the least expensive person to the job versus the most talent & experienced person.

Don't play favoritism. Give raises to your management staff. It was over 5 years until receiving a raise that was very minimal.

Upward mobility, but little work/life balance

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for a hotel management company that manages franchised hotels is advantageous to working at a corporate property in many ways. Primarily, there is more ability to move talent up through the ranks quickly and there is more flexibility to make local budget decisions. I felt empowered working for Sage - in that I could speak my mind and have my opinions valued by leadership team members. Management compensation is average for hotel management. I also recall having a decent benefits package.

Cons

I worked for a division of this company that no longer exists, and as a result my position was eliminated. The company grew too quickly, with no SOPs, and did not see the ROI needed to sustain the pace. The other side of the coin of being able to be promoted faster, is the side where there's not as much reserve to support the hard times. My criticism isn't so much with the cutting back of staff during economic downturns - I understand business and sometimes that is necessary. However, the way it was done at the property where I worked was a few people at a time, then a couple months later, a few more, etc. It created an environment of tension and paranoia, as no one knew who might be next.

There are newer employer reviews for Sage Hospitality.

Worked for Sage Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!